Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong area but this was the first place I could start a thread, I have a 20ft Action marine I've always wanted 1 an now that I have 1 I want to do her right the first time. It came with a stock mid 90s carb 250 3.0 20" mid merc but it could b a 225 3.0, I'm getting alot of mixed reviews on having a 3.0L a handful of ppl are saying I should get a 200 2.5 blackmax and that a 225 2.5 is a special motor. My motor runs now a little sluggish but a tune up would make her right should I keep the motor I have, if so what should I do to it to get a little more out of her. Here's my thing I don't care about breaking 90 low 80s would be great but I would rather reliably then anything crusing over 50 awsome but I am puting alot of lighting and a big stereo aka weight this boat is mainly for fun but I'm going to use it as a promo and a display for my shop / company. The second issue I'm having is my hynautic reservale RV-60 hydraulic steering I pulled the lower unit to patch up the top 4 holes on both sides and the lower unit had 4 holes in the front and on the sides newer 3.0l lower unit. I put it back on but I lost my steering ok so I figured out that it was my relief valve leaking so I took it apart an replaced a seal no problem fixed it filled the reservior up an couldn't get it to prime when trying to bleed it called a friend and he said you gotta put air in it 25 to 30 psi ok did that and it started workin back to bleeding but then my helm started leaking can I rebuid it aswell r should I get a new 1 or just break down and get some hydraulic steeering helm and just hook it up to my sit up. I am new at this sorry but I want to do it right the first time because speed is no joke...

Thank you and any input is appreciated