User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a back on topic question. This a 17 foot Molinari the transom had two holes cut into in what appears to be the early style racing rams that attach to a aluminum bracket inside the splash well. Can anyone pin down info about this type Molinari ??

The young gentleman standing by the boat is Harlen Orrin he has been working on and building wood boats since 1957.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey- I remember that boat- Rod owned it in New Jersey and was going to restore it- so now it has made it out there- should be fun restoration

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 litre omc engines

[QUOTE=jackie wilson;2431789]...
    Sorry to harp on about this Lasse------------There were enough OMC 2 litres floating around to sink a battleship------if it wasn't a 'PRODUCTION RUN" there must have been an army of technicians somewhere in the world cobbling them together !!!!!!!!Cees had close to 40 of them in his workshop in Holland, and i can't imagine this was the lot !!!!!!!
    ------
    Jackie in1976 OMC Brugge had 4 crossflow 2.litre engines racing`and in the World Championship in 1976 they had 4 maybe 5 LOOPER engines racing and at Paris in 1976 they had 7 maybe 8 LOOPER engines racing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=STEVERINO;2433274]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Sorry to harp on about this Lasse------------There were enough OMC 2 litres floating around to sink a battleship------if it wasn't a 'PRODUCTION RUN" there must have been an army of technicians somewhere in the world cobbling them together !!!!!!!!Cees had close to 40 of them in his workshop in Holland, and i can't imagine this was the lot !!!!!!!
    ------
    Jackie in1976 OMC Brugge had 4 crossflow 2.litre engines racing`and in the World Championship in 1976 they had 4 maybe 5 LOOPER engines racing and at Paris in 1976 they had 7 maybe 8 LOOPER engines racing?
    Velden was always cagey about his kit. He probably had 38 glass cowlings made and lined them up to look a lot of motors.
    Leo would tell the truth.
    They always seemed competitive to me !!!!!!!!!they also had a great sound and a decent gearcase that held together---Mercury never managed a decent gearcase. Probably spent more cash on the lower unit than the powerhead.
    Do get brassed off when i hear about the little garage and the few engines. Jesus wept----OMC was a huge conglomerate compared to Mercury-------The lolly spent on the unmentionable doctors [wankel] creation was pretty humongous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackie wilson;2433312]
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post

Velden was always cagey about his kit. He probably had 38 glass cowlings made and lined them up to look a lot of motors.
    Leo would tell the truth.
    They always seemed competitive to me !!!!!!!!!they also had a great sound and a decent gearcase that held together---Mercury never managed a decent gearcase. Probably spent more cash on the lower unit than the powerhead.
    Do get brassed off when i hear about the little garage and the few engines. Jesus wept----OMC was a huge conglomerate compared to Mercury-------The lolly spent on the unmentionable doctors [wankel] creation was pretty humongous.
    I was at OMC from 1968 till 1976 and all the factory race engine were built and dyno tested at Waukegan on the upper floor of the boat house. Including the race V-4's, the first V-6's and the rotary. The biggest issue I saw during my time was the lack of real race testing. Go to a race, run a couple of props and go race. I can tell you for a fact the rotarys ran the same boats, the same fuel tanks & batteries from the start to finish. The exceptions were the Goat boat at Provo, and the Cougar at Windemere. We did run the rotary for 10 hrs in Fl. prior to the introduction and I did manage to convince Leek to use 2 snowmobile batteries instaead to the truck batterys they had been using. To say the OMC race shop was a garage somewhere is not correct during my period of time. I also beleive the gearcase used on the V-4's, 6s' and rotaries were design by Charlie Strang after he came to OMC. Clarence Blanchard was his designer/draftsman at the time. After 76, Blanchard had the shape changed to the darth vader look of today, but to my recolection it used the same internals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe all the guys that want talk about OMC's, rotarys, lower units and so forth should start another thread about it. The title of the thread is about Molinaris and it seems to have gotten hijacked. Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old fiberglass View Post
    Maybe all the guys that want talk about OMC's, rotarys, lower units and so forth should start another thread about it. The title of the thread is about Molinaris and it seems to have gotten hijacked. Thanks.
    Aw c'mon old fibre give the boys a little slack here !!!!!!!
    After all a SCOTTI comes from just across the lake!!!!
    They had both black and white stitched to the tail !!!!!!!!
    All i'm saying is that one thing leads to another and all questions need to be answered.
    You got folks interest------It's a good thread-------thousands of hits-----people waiting for the next comment.
    The greatest thread of all time-----Willabee's "Hot Singles" would not have had nearly so many hits if it had been just about "Hot SINGLES"
    Sorry we got off the beaten track----we never --HI----JACK--ED it you know-----just wandered off line a tad---bet it's not the last time !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another thing---------Did you notice Rotory J. rose forth and did a "LAZARUS" ??????t'was worth it just for that!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old fiberglass View Post
    Yeah, and don't forget, Renato with Molinari hulls of course used both black & white power, so how would you split the thread., LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert View Post
    Yeah, and don't forget, Renato with Molinari hulls of course used both black & white power, so how would you split the thread., LOL
    Did anyone ever run a West Bend, a Fisher Pierce Bearcat Homelite, or a British Seagull Outboard on a Molinari?..... Inquiring minds want to know.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Did anyone ever run a West Bend, a Fisher Pierce Bearcat Homelite, or a British Seagull Outboard on a Molinari?..... Inquiring minds want to know.
    Rich, now that is funny, I don't care what you think.

I did forget Chrysler, I bet that there probably were some Chrysler/Molinari combos.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert View Post
    Rich, now that is funny, I don't care what you think.

I did forget Chrysler, I bet that there probably were some Chrysler/Molinari combos.
    not sure... I know there were a couple of Chrysler/Glastron Molinari rigs, but I don't think I ever saw a Chrysler on a real wood Moli. Now back to the minutiae... how about a Gale or a Sea King?
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clinton outboard

When i was a kid my 1st outboard was a clinton i know it was faster than a British Seagull because i used to race against them? i would be curious to know what engine Renato had when he was a kid?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    When i was a kid my 1st outboard was a clinton i know it was faster than a British Seagull because i used to race against them? i would be curious to know what engine Renato had when he was a kid?
    Probably an Anzani......
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably an Anzani......
    oars or maybe a Konig

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast