User Tag List

Page 20 of 271 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 70 120 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this talk about a fast SOB but not in rough water, Go to the pictures and see who showed up in the AMF/OPA Dash for cash off shore race. Only one me. And look at the pictures, does that look like calm water, just ask anyone in the OPA that raced when I raced I was side by side for many laps with the class 5 boats. Oh yea thats that lite weight boat that can't go in rough water. And as far as Tuff boats they look great and could be fast just prove it like I did, bring one to any gathering, Mark did bring one once to the Romp with a 225 did not impress anyone with the speed. I ran 90 with a 250 merc back than on the white boat. Bring one that runs 100 and PROVE IT. I took the Intimidator everywhere including Tenn for the Tenn river run. I would let anyone put there GPS in the boat so there was no question I had real numbers. And what I understand that boat still has real numbers.
    How does that saying go PUT UP OR SHUT UP. That goes for everyone that talks s--t.
    Just saying.
    Intimidator Boats
    www.intimidatorboats.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HERB View Post
    All this talk about a fast SOB but not in rough water, Go to the pictures and see who showed up in the AMF/OPA Dash for cash off shore race. Only one me. And look at the pictures, does that look like calm water, just ask anyone in the OPA that raced when I raced I was side by side for many laps with the class 5 boats. Oh yea thats that lite weight boat that can't go in rough water. And as far as Tuff boats they look great and could be fast just prove it like I did, bring one to any gathering, Mark did bring one once to the Romp with a 225 did not impress anyone with the speed. I ran 90 with a 250 merc back than on the white boat. Bring one that runs 100 and PROVE IT. I took the Intimidator everywhere including Tenn for the Tenn river run. I would let anyone put there GPS in the boat so there was no question I had real numbers. And what I understand that boat still has real numbers.
    How does that saying go PUT UP OR SHUT UP. That goes for everyone that talks s--t.
    Just saying.
    Hey buddy calm down I see you are getting VERY excited even typing with capitals Remember, need to keep that blood pressure down
    I remember when the W gang took a few pictures and posted them of your red boat and started to BS because it had a little damage....Love to see what some of these other boats would look like in the stuff you put that boat in With a little TLC that boat is still together, looking great and running real strong Even though many said it was built like crap and would never hold up
    I have personally seing that GPS and it said 701 or wait 107

I have what I think would be a good, fun course for everyone because as you know many NOT saying all will never leave the area:
    Bridge to Bridge, continue passed the Smith Point Bridge, go out Moriches Inlet run the ocean heading West to Fire Island Inlet and back to the start, Moses Bridge. If you really want to go for it and condition permits it continue West to Jones Inlet under the Meadow Brook, S cut back to Moses Bridge. That will give you 2- 5mph areas near the bridges, some calm water and some not so calm, a few good variables, which will give a good idea on drivers and the boats ability

BTW, Stay away from Superbender, I see he has you all wound up

PS; Excuse #1....I'm out my undies are not strong enough

Happy New Year, call me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herb has the right idea just dont read it like Mr T typed it read it in a softer tone and the message still comes through.

no one here believes speeds until they see it or they see the transom of the boat in front of them

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Herb has the right idea just dont read it like Mr T typed it read it in a softer tone and the message still comes through.

no one here believes speeds until they see it or they see the transom of the boat in front of them
    Yeah OK, put a little sugar on it and do not read the truth!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure he caught a lot of sh$t when he claimed his speeds he put the work in proving it. Still no one bought the boats which were inexpensive so that shows you most of the public is all talk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Im sure he caught a lot of sh$t when he claimed his speeds he put the work in proving it. Still no one bought the boats which were inexpensive so that shows you most of the public is all talk.
    I think the primary reason why no one bought the boats, me included was because they got bad mouth from day one and (a few other reasons which I will not get into on here), said they were being built with inferior materials, by Mexicans, in an improper building facility due to no heat and they will never hold up! Not saying they would have sold a bunch but when it gets bad mouth from the start, it will never stand a chance!
    BTW, The reason why I did not personally buy one was, I did know Herb at the time, did not know much about the company owner, building methods etc so I choose to listen to hear say and back out on the deal!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I hear is blah plywood blah blah
    Formula 260ss 496HO

Bender Clan Member

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running a 300x w 250 cowlings......l. Hahahahahaha
    Formula 260ss 496HO

Bender Clan Member

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brabender View Post
    Running a 300x w 250 cowlings......l. Hahahahahaha
    Who would do that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BTW, Stay away from Superbender, I see he has you all wound up

PS; Excuse #1....I'm out my undies are not strong enough

Happy New Year, call me![/QUOTE]

Tony I surely do not know what you mean
    21 SuperBoat VF200 Yamaha SHO
    Bender Clan memberEroshibend Yamamoto
    2015 King of the Cut
    2016 King of the Cut
    2017 King of the Cut💪

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HERB View Post
    All this talk about a fast SOB but not in rough water. I ran 90 with a 250 merc back than on the white boat.
    Just saying.
    Herb you do have a reputation that would be hard to ever duplicate and if I could get my boat to run 90 w/250 I would be ecstatic !

Not normal by any means.
    1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    I think the primary reason why no one bought the boats, me included was because they got bad mouth from day one and (a few other reasons which I will not get into on here), said they were being built with inferior materials, by Mexicans, in an improper building facility due to no heat and they will never hold up! Not saying they would have sold a bunch but when it gets bad mouth from the start, it will never stand a chance!
    BTW, The reason why I did not personally buy one was, I did know Herb at the time, did not know much about the company owner, building methods etc so I choose to listen to hear say and back out on the deal!

was that superboats or Intimidator i'm confused ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dnelson964 View Post
    It makes sense the Narrower and deeper vee bow will run faster but honestly most of us use these as pleasure boats so more room is nice. Most of us also have some roots from the old challenger or superboat days so there is sentiment as well. But I could love a Bernico too!
    Wishing I could afford a different boat every year. Would like to try all of these. For what I do I need a lot of room like you said. The newer Velocity has lots of room. Now that Im older everything feels faster even when I'm actually going a lot slower, lol.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcraft sst View Post
    was that superboats or Intimidator i'm confused ?
    Herb worked endlessly on setups and is probably the BEST SOB driver I have witness! He would put the boat straight on 6" of the bottom/pad in no time and keep it there!

Tony I surely do not know what you mean
    Nothing, all in fun!

NOTE; Just another little bit of info to keep in mind:
    Take any boat capable of running 100, put a driver like me in it I will probably get it to 90 (if my undies hold up) then put a driver like Herb and he will put the boat at 100+ in no time.
    The point of this is, a DRIVER is also key and a very important factor on getting a boat to run/perform at it's up most potential!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shootout on Daga' needs to happen.
    Ill be the picture boat/radar boat whatever is needed.
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Page 20 of 271 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 70 120 ... LastLast