Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1970 Rayson Craft

I have an 18ft Rayson and would like to know where the hull numbers are. I was told that they are on the left stringer in front of the steering,,,,,nope. This was a California boat and since it's older than the title law, where would the number be if the Ca RMV reasigned an new number and what would it look like? A sticker or engraved in?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

I'd love to know which variety of Raysoncraft you have- describe it or post a photo or two if you have the chance.

This really isn't the board to be on for alot of info on Raysoncrafts. Head on over to www.raysoncraftresources.com for starters. Mike Tosch (Finger Lakes area, NY) started this site some time ago, and even tho there's not alot of daily activity, everyone is into Raysons. Another good site is www.vdriveboat.com based out of Arizona. Lots of Rayson owners/ex-owners/ex-dealers/enthusiasts/experts (!) over there, too. I'm known as DaveA on those boards.

I assume you have a v-drive, right? On the 3 Raysons I've owned/now own, there's no factory numbers anywhere on the boats. Many of these hulls went out the door in partial build form, and the dealer/rigger was responsible (after 1972 when the govt mandated hull id numbers) to install them. If there ever was a place the factory might have put a number, it would have been on top of a stringer- one of the places I've been told to look is the aft end of the stringers on top somewhere. I've been told that it may have been written in pencil and glassed over, too. On one of my v-drives, the dealer stamped the hin onto the RH side of the cavitation plate upper shaft support. It satisfied the law's requirement that they be imprinted on the upper RH side of the transom, I suppose.

Anyway, give a shout on those boards, but be prepared...a thread without boat pictures is worthless to them!

DaveA
    1972 Raysoncraft 18LP v-drive Chev 454
    1975 Raysoncraft 17' outboard 200Merc 2.4
    1989 Celebrity 199 I/O 350 Chev ZZ3/Alpha
    2001 Baja Outlaw 25- 496HO/Bravo