Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Thumbs up My tow toys:

2001 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4 door, Black on Black, Off Road Z71, 3.73 limited slip, 285 hp 5.3 V8, 4sp. Automatic, Auto/Manual 4X4, Tow-haul mode, and best of all:

Firestone Wilderness AT tires!!!!!!!! C'mon GM, give me a recall like Ford did on all their trucks!! I want a new set of Dunlops!

Second tow toy:
    2001 Toyota RAV4. 2.0 liter VVT-I 16 valve 148 hp 4 cyl., 4 spd Auto, All wheel drive, limited slip rear axle, towing package (1500 lbs. ) Row boat only!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make it bigger

Crank the torsion bars, add a leaf in the rear, toast the Firestones and put on some 315/75/16 BF tires and the truck will look awesome. Just my opinion. Course you'll have to by a drop hitch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

yea, it would look really good.........

especially since my truck is BLACK outside, BLACK inside, and BLACK everywhere else! BUT:

Two reasons I went with the setup that I did. (1)I wanted the best gas mileage possible with a big truck, without throwing $5k at a diesel motor. (2) I also needed the biggest back seat, without sacrificing the bed size (aka Ford Supercrew). I get 18 mpg with this truck (mostly highway, some city) in it's stock config, and I'm not about to mess that up! I have a 50 mile round trip work commute.
    The rear seat is the best one out there in an extended cab. I REALLY REALLY wanted the TRD Off-Road Tundra extra-cab 4X4 with that nice 4 cam Lexus V8 under the hood, but the back seat in the Toyota is the WORST.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

JW, you know what you can do with that thar Toyota ! What's next a Suzuki outboard on your next Hydrostream, maybe some gold plated Lexus stickers ?? Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Thumbs up OH YEA!

LEXUS RULES! I'd sell my house for a new Lexus GS430!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got a problem with toyotas mr. scott??

TOYOTA TACOMA EXT. CAB 4X4 TRD, 3.4 v-6, 5-speed,bfg trail t/a's ,downey adj front coilovers,pro-comp aal,pro-comp es3000 shocks,ext. diff breathers,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, I agree with the triple black color scheme, heck, my wife won't let any other color vehicle on the place -- other than red, ie...Allison and Corvette, specifically. But, I sure don't feel shortchanged by my Ford F-150 Supercrew Harley Davidson...only back seat it has is 2 captain's chairs....no complaints from anyone riding back there yet. Also no problems with space as this is the vehicle that carries us to the boat races....truck doesn't even know it's hauling a boat behind it.....plus, it gets as much attention as the boat...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Nice Truck!

I've been eyeing one for sale by me. Sure are purty!! I wouldnt mind one for myself, but the way I haul tractors and snowblowers in the back of my Chevy in 3 foot of snow............
    Friend of mine at work has a new Lightning too. What a monster. I'd like to have a Ford Harley and a Lightning!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

You and me both, those Lightning's are hosses!!! They just don't have enough room for all we have to haul....There are a couple of them at the races....hauling their boats but they normally have another vehicle to bring the rest of the junk that won't fit...but, I have heard that there is a chip that will rev the horses up to lightning speed...don't know too much about it cuz the wife says the truck we have goes plenty fast, especially wid the boat behind it!!!!
    Next race is Mt. Vernon, Al, on 8/25 & 26....Ya'll come!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JW,

Are you going to go to the Ohio River gathering this weekend?? I had a drop off at AZO the other day, but we we're right back out. Give me a call if your going to the rumble. I'll have my boat down there.

SCT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Rumble...

I hadn't planned on coming but a few have been getting me thinking seriously about it. I don't know!! My wife has to work ALL weekend, so I have to monitor my 15 year old daughter. That's a hell of a job in itself. You're going to be there, FastEddie is going to be there, both of you have boats for sale that I want!
    Too bad you guys didnt swing by BTL instead of AZO! If you can, let me know next time you are close, I may be able to come up with some excuse as to why I need to 'road trip' over to AZO. I could call it 'customer service' LOL