Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why should I join Facebook?..(for old farts)

Should I Really Join Facebook? (Priceless)
    Read it all the way through! It's a good laugh! AND really quite true!!

A good laugh for people in the over 50 group !!!

When I bought my Blackberry, I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grand kids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way. I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.

That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every message to my cell phone and every other program within the texting World.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a little loud.

I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then if I made a right turn instead. Well, it was not a good relationship..
    When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.

To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I can lose three phones all at once and have to run around digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them with me.

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look. I was recently asked if I tweet. I answered, No, but I do fart a lot."

P.S. I know some of you are not over 50. I sent it to you to allow you to forward it to those who are.
    We senior citizens don't need anymore gadgets. The TV remote and the garage door remote are about all we can handle.

And me added here, as got that in a email.."duh" On "remotes and phones"? Why do THEY NOT come with a "Tether cord"? Big ass cordless drills and flashlights, Digi cameras all do? Couches EAT remotes! As toilets Cellphones!

(PS..this has been bothering me lately. Just WHY do with call Asia the "far east"...?.....when if ya spin a globe its a LOT closer from the US? THE WEST?

Lets "roll with stupid" new here thread. "Make your life more better and streamlined?" BS..remember that "paperless society"? If so, JUST WHY DO WE STILL MAKE PRINTERS?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is the "Midwest" called that when they are really in the 2nd time zone? Should be "Just West", And the REAL midwest is the next over "central time? At least the mountain states are right, as the west coast! ( And I have a pic not scanned me on a month long HD roadtrip in my old albums..(BEFORE DIGI CAMS TOO) the "middle USA" Somewhere in Kansas. Road sign said San Francisco with a arrow below New York pointing the other way. Somewhere 15 hundred+ miles. Plus done north too just to take a pic, "crossing the 45th "parallel".
    Last edited by Robby321; 11-18-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heres one more "think" We DO NOT need 6 day week postal junk. Do it once a week. And ZERO PO rides needed! Seems all the new garbage truck guys have side .."grabbers", no more out and lift cans. So the "right seat" is empty right? And stops every house? THATS WHERE THE MAIL DUDE, OR DUDETTE, should be. Go trough the junk mail that ends up the truck anyway first?

Like "occupant addressed?......"to the rear the truck!"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And how about we "make deputies", out of the Pizza guys? Arm them as cops, and if a "incident en route?" "Be there in 30 minutes or free"? And ya get a free coupon Pizza next ordered.

(Damn, put the PO guy in the ride too?"..(late night .."overnite package?")..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And one my favorites here. Some dumbazz kid the checkout line....."Find everything you were looking for?" (would I be in line to get out if not?)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL Rock on man!!
    Sunshine Syndicate Facebook link...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunsh...ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!...For you robbie....that would be "Rolling On Floor Laughing A** off". I have to agree with ya on all you said. This is the digital age and we are still in the vinyl record era!!! Guess I just gave my age away also....
    Jack of all trades and a master of none...."But what do I know"....

1986 19' Laser 380 Ray....sold...and boatless....
    1995 20' Regal Val. <<<<Wifes boat......LOL
    1976 20' Tahiti Jet Boat w/moded 468 bbc<<<sold to get the Laser 380
    1985 20' Centurian Barefoot 225 looper....Gone<<<miss this one
    1976 17.5' Baja 140 evin...Gone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I still can't figure why people text someone on a phone, when hitting WAY less keys can just call and leave a message?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why do they give ya watch when you retire? Ya don't need a watch now!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best laugh i've had in a while Robby! just hope that your car or truck NEVER needs to be replaced.......most new vehicles are wwaaayyyy too complicated for most , i still use a cell(flip) phone,which gets parked on the shelf after work, dont text , no facebook ,tweet,dont have time for 4 g stuff & i TALK to my wife at dinner!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gary slagle View Post
    best laugh i've had in a while Robby! just hope that your car or truck NEVER needs to be replaced.......most new vehicles are wwaaayyyy too complicated for most , i still use a cell(flip) phone,which gets parked on the shelf after work, dont text , no facebook ,tweet,dont have time for 4 g stuff & i TALK to my wife at dinner!!
    HA! YEP, I'm SCARED if my old cages need replacing! I quit the "car stuff" decades ago when quit the "showing off cage rides" a cool kid when I bought my first house and grew up in the middle 80's. Well actually never did "grow up", as then any muscle car fun (good by the "drive'in food joints) old school hang outs was mostly outlawed..(as fun). But stuck with fast boats and loud motorcycles, (STILL DO TOO, 3 boats, 6 bikes) as I'm only 62 now.

I have had in the last 26 YEARS only two cage rides. Had some rat parts runner junks while building a barn find 1978 full size G-20 Chevy van. Gussied it up as that "70's", shag rug custom ride, sound system, rear like a "bedroom" Yep, used as such too.."this vans a rocking, don't come knocking!)! But it was a old mid west salted roads ride, finally did in here 12 years ago. Bought a 91 C/L Astro Van. Freaking P/U truck with a roof. MILES? Who know as the speddo works, Odometer quit years ago at 177.500. Just change oil now.

On the new rides? No thanks. Never will own any cage that "talks back to me, much less "traction control?..thats the combo steering and stab it!"
    I'll build a "rat ride" out of my other (traded a boat for it few years ago, mostly sits), 1977 K5 Blazer. Lifted, 350 motor, cammed, headers into twin "FlowMasters", and exhaust out under the cab! Floor gets HOT. No heater needed!

I gave up on cages when the motor.."if you see it with all that plastic over", went sideways, a FWD. (if it aint "tubbed, RWD?...useless to me!)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK...... TDay coming up. COOK that damn bird and enjoy with family and friends
    But a thought came to me today...and those that never met me, but those that do? Well, remember Jack Nickelson, "One Flue over the Cuckoos Nest".."Randle Partrick McMurphy?

Well, I got married in 1975 and me and the wife..(of course, didn't last) saw that movie and she told me.."THATS YOU!"

He didn't need a "frontal lobatomy, ..but.."a bottle in front of me!"

NOW. TDAY? Those wacko "PETA" idiots? Wonder what the sit down and eat. "Fried bananas, and Avocado stuffing?" Do they "Pray" before digging in and say.."Save the Turkeys, and God Bless the fruit trees? Worlds nutso......( me too, just the "fun side of life!)

And remember that old 70's Blacklight poster? NOT.."Save the Whales". It was SAVE THE BALES!...(pic was some in boats, spearing bales of dope out in the ocean a sinking drug runner boat"

Life been a REAL grin to me.....simple living what life tossed at me make all the rules ya want.....no big me...as aint NO damn "rule made another, "I can't figure a way .."around anyway"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't let this go on with out one the "BEST". (Yep, maybe a movie then 40 years ago, but people NEVER change!) HA!..the "Mental defective league in formation"

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ND31PWVW-TQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
    Last edited by Robby321; 11-19-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best movie ever..( and EASY RIDERS, and Blues brothers too, as I KNEW Johnny B too)

Now think here as the "Chief" has no hearing, or speak..(BS, next post coming)

"Hit me, Chief, I got the moves!
    Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen
    I'm a goddamn marvel of modern science".

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_qCcSQPh2Bc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
    Last edited by Robby321; 11-19-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here ya go.."Chief Speaks"......(Chief ya Son of a beach!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AG1QPYCfaBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast