Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice merc- after looking at the new set of pictures I still don't believe it is a molinari as workmanship,interior wood, transom and rear setback of the boat are not molinari- how about
    maybe a seebold ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact hull that you picked up! Im running a inline 135 on a 15" mid I run a 14 1/4 28 cleaver I have the 1:78 and a Bobs LWP and my best run on GPS was 82.3.I was told mine was a seebold but the person I bought it from wasnt sure. The boat is exstremly stable but watch the trim (as in any tunnel) I can run it right up and over. I posted a pic of it in the water on the Inline Group Ill see if I can get someone to post a video of it running this season leter on GREAT FIND I love mine!! Going to run a T2X on it next season!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might it have begun life as an SE? It is 15' and weighs "a couple hundred pounds".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess on the funny bracket is that it is a trim indicator bracket. Note that the control cable is fastened to it.
    You are very fortunate to find the hull. Take good notice of things as you restore it. There are buried clues everywhere. The transom height definitely looks like it had a OMC V4 or in-line 6 Merc at one time. The Sport J or Formula 100 size boats are hard to come by. Have fun!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat View Post
    very nice merc- after looking at the new set of pictures I still don't believe it is a molinari as workmanship,interior wood, transom and rear setback of the boat are not molinari- how about
    maybe a seebold ?
    Interesting comment. I also do not believe it is a Molinari based on the workmanship shown in the pictures. My personal experience with Molinaris is limited, however I have had my head inside of a couple and the workmanship was excellent. I have a lot of experience inside of Seebolds and their workmanship is spectacular. I have never seen any crudeness inside any Seebold manufactured boat, even a few that were seriously damaged and sent back to them for repair. The side slope on the rear deck looks very similar to a Molinari like the one hanging, and theres no question on the front and rear canopy similarity, but they look a little rougher than I remember original Molinaris and cowls are an easy pop. The steering mounts look extremely crude and that makes me wonder if the boat is actually older, and possibly prior to breakaway steering in tunnels. There is a rear bulkhead also that does not look to be original to that boat based on the bracing on the sides. At this point it does not matter all that much what it is, only that its a cool find and well worth the effort to make it nice.
    bama hama

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Gen View Post
    I have the exact hull that you picked up! Im running a inline 135 on a 15" mid I run a 14 1/4 28 cleaver I have the 1:78 and a Bobs LWP and my best run on GPS was 82.3.I was told mine was a seebold but the person I bought it from wasnt sure. The boat is exstremly stable but watch the trim (as in any tunnel) I can run it right up and over. I posted a pic of it in the water on the Inline Group Ill see if I can get someone to post a video of it running this season leter on GREAT FIND I love mine!! Going to run a T2X on it next season!
    Posting for Ed, cause he's a computer dummy

But that boat looks to be pretty far out in front of that other computer dummy

Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And again

Same results

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Pete!! ...Ed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Gen View Post
    I have the exact hull that you picked up!
    Very nice boat Ed, but nowhere near being the "exact hull". It is definately a different manufacturer and I believe several years older based on several details. I am trying to identify you boat cowls in my memory but cant for sure. I think the rear is probably Broughton and I do not see anything else to indicate otherwise. If Ole Gator or Eagle One would jump in here we might get a positive I.D. on both.
    bama hama

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi , I think the boat is a hering , I believe that is the type of foot throttle he used , thanx lee .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its either a foot throttle (and a weird one I never saw) or shifter with that Barrel connecter .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to take the lines off any one of these older J pickle forks so I could draw it on the computer and then convert the construction to plywood epoxy glass. Someone (like me ) then could build a new, stronger and safer hull, that's is just as light and save the old girls for posterity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a foot throttle. Lots of these were used in competition tunnels from the 70s to the 90s and even now. Simple and easy to make, and reliable. I had one in my SST45.

I think the cowls were Molinari pops but the boat inside definitely was not made by Molinari. Who cares though! Have fun with it and bring it to Vintage Outboard events as much as you can!

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWTjr. View Post
    That is a foot throttle. Lots of these were used in competition tunnels from the 70s to the 90s and even now. Simple and easy to make, and reliable. I had one in my SST45.

I think the cowls were Molinari pops but the boat inside definitely was not made by Molinari. Who cares though! Have fun with it and bring it to Vintage Outboard events as much as you can!

John
    Might be at the Romp next year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't mean to be negative-just trying to help you in your quest for boat builder-molinari hulls are done differently inside- still think it is possibly a seebold and yes- seebold do make a good boat-and when your done come out and play regardless of the make and motor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast