Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ships are safe in Harbor, but that's not what Ships are for"

The HMS Bounty went down in heavy seas today off the Coast of Cape Hatteras.

All the crew were accounted for except for one crew member, and her Captain.

Later they found one missing crew memeber, but she was deceased, the Captain his still missing.

The HMS Bounty was built for the movie "Mutany on the Bounty" with Marlon Brando and was also used in the "Pirates of the Carribean"

God Speed to the Bounty and her crew.....RIP Claudene Christian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 417715_347894911922491_518336456_n.jpg  
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <object width="429" height="295">
    http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=7a3496587337103080ec001ec92a4a0d&z=NCT&embed_player=1" >
    <embed src="<a href=" vp.mgnetwork.net="" viewer.swf?u='7a3496587337103080ec001ec92a4a0d&z=NCT&embed_player=1"' target="_blank">http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=7a3496587337103080ec001ec92a4a0d&z=NCT&embed_player=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="429" height="295"></object>
    JOHN MASON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I post the video....?

She was 180 feet long.....
    JOHN MASON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hate to lose a classic "Tall Ship", much less the crew. Have to vent a bit on this. As us here PNW have many old classics. Damn right we get good windstorms of the ocean, but those old wooden boats survived DECADES. How many ships are sunk in the Atlantic compared west coast? It gets MEAN out there. I also don't know why they were not in "safe harbor anyway". Spring line the old girl docked with a breakwater. Or dry dock it. Plenty warning in advance anyway. And as much as I hope all goes well back there and have the WC on the tube, getting a little tired of the WC "idiots in the water and wind"..(why does that idiot Reynolds Wolf have all the flapping clothing on but does not lose that damn ballcap? Super glue?

And on the power outs? Friend mine a power worker lineman. They SHUT the power off as knowing trees coming down to PREVENT live wire fires started and burn yer house down. And when the storm has moved on they will be there to get your big screen back to watch (whatever useless is on).

On the useless posting stories of "hardware stores" out off batts/flashlights/generators/....stores that out of power can't pump gas? DUH, azzholes that did not prepare deserve it.

Simple to me. We had it made in that old caveman days. Fire, hunt food, out of any weather. But we got "lazy". ME? I got 4 bottles propane for back up heat winter storms. (All electric heat here, as cheap Hydro power). A generator, 20 gallons gas ready, canned food for a month, wood stove stocked ready to go wood. Plus our HOA is private, our own water wells. Back up gens good for weeks. Battery's for flashlight? WTF? Coleman camping lantern on small propane. And the last time I looked stupid candles work like always.

When I hear a storm coming here. Pull out that .."Power out box" Have many boat batts charged and ready to go. Inverter to run the 110 stuff. Beside the propane lanterns, I run a old VCR/TV 10 inch. Watch old VCR copies drag racing crashed on the couch. Food off the propane stove. Morning Coffee? Keep that old glass and filter cup off the one went south. Just do hot water in a pot and fill up the filter bowl over the glass pot. Just as good as when "electric" did anyway. (F&*K "instant!)

The other thing you need to know is what you need for 2 weeks living normal. Stock it and ya will do fine. Worked for me 6 decades. But I never lived in a city, depending another as thats the first mistake as "not gonna happen"

And we have a ocean rain storm coming damn soon PNW. Saying 5 to 8 inches rain. Gonna be landslides, flooding, but do we care? Nope...."prepared".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Must be a good storm, as they are ..(?) surfing Lake Michigan in Chitown? Just on the WC? Dirty laundry?.."see the bubble headed bleach blond..(Randy Newman)"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to say that we turning into a world of wimps. DAMN! WEATHER HAPPENS! What about these dudes with "Stones"?

The names of the 1497 Christopher Columbus Ships were the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria.

515 YEARS ago? One made it right? (have to search).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds now, like the storm wasn't as much of a problem as first thought, it was a lost power, and was taking on water.

The pumps were not able to keep up with the water it was taking on....and she went down.....
    JOHN MASON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that the boat we all just saw on the Ct River Run last week?????

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ew-member-dies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BountySinks.jpg  
    2004 Hydra-Sports Vector 2600 - twin 225 Yamahas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These 3 guys came into the Aviation Logistics Center late in the afternoon after being out on the Bounty Case... These hero's are from Savannah Ga and after last night will be on their way to NJ/NY/PA and where ever else they are needed. I miss flying SAR but love putting out a safe reliable helicopter for our Coast Guard crews to use. Best wishes to those on the OBX 45 mins from me and north, it's going to be a long recovery. Shane

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is a good day to thank first responders and rescuers. They leave their families home without them at times like this and that is not an easy decision to make as they walk out the door but they have a job to do!
    2004 Hydra-Sports Vector 2600 - twin 225 Yamahas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by at100plus View Post
    Today is a good day to thank first responders and rescuers. They leave their families home without them at times like this and that is not an easy decision to make as they walk out the door but they have a job to do!
    Ya got that right. And on the CG SAR, thats one tough job. I get quite a few choppers flying over me to Ft Lewis/McCord AFB. Its always a usual pattern. I hear one different its usually the CG heading somewhere. They been showing some local news vid on the Bounty rescue. Seems one girl from here was in the CG on the mission, and a interview coming later. Guess the ship was running east to get out the way and lost power. 30 foot seas. Sad. Hope the "Bounty" can be saved, and the RIP to deceased crew members. I'm a fan of the old "Wooden Ships".
    Last edited by Robby321; 10-30-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out, Claudene Christian had once claimed she is a direct descendant of Fletcher Christian,,,,, would like to know if that is true,,,, Very sad,
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    Turns out, Claudene Christian had once claimed she is a direct descendant of Fletcher Christian,,,,, would like to know if that is true,,,, Very sad,
    Yep, true as we know it. From Alaska.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast