Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you surface peirce a 27p trophy plus?

Hey guys, im currently running my etec 250ho on a 16 inch mid, 6inch set back, lwpu and level propshaft with bottom pad of hull. Im using my 30p mazco re4 as my daily prop... Its a awesome low end to mid range prop and also tried a 28p offshore cleaver which was a waste of time. I was wondering is it possible to run a trophy plus up high out of the water or is it more of a deep water prop? Im trying to get top end as much as i can. Thank you.. Dennis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!!

Show us some pics of that engine you got! Sounds like a nice motor.

You had a V4 in the past didnt you? I remember chatting with you about the V4's!
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see that bad boy also
    Wilson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Native View Post
    I'd like to see that bad boy also

X3 sound awsome! on your Question about the trophys running surfaced. They can be run relitivly high. But you cant run them very long evn to above the pad at say over 80mph very long so goes what most say. Ive had one I got used 7 years ago and still run it alot but restrict the blades to 1/4 below. In accual fact they run better there anyway. I tryed running mine even with and above the pad it wasnt as fast accelerating not top end. The blades are designed to be run semi surfaced not surfaced. A prop that does well at higher prop shaft hights above the pad is a Drag4 by performance and Hydromotives T4-X. You can also get an Allison cut for the trophy that helps the prop with a little higher prop shaft hights that stock. Had one of those also and they screem from midrange to top speed. A stock trophy is better out of the hole and all around good prop for the money. Bang for buck new hard to beat. There are better props but there darn reliable and do work very well on most aplications. Some have had them sling a blade? Well lots of props have done this. i have had zero issues with mine as mentioned and always run it a little lower but not submerged at all with good all round performance.

I would look at the Drag4 in a 30 with your motor. Might be the ticket. Lots of guys with the newer power run them with good succes and can be run as high as ya want. higher the better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha, big boy, damn straight i remember you. how are you?? that lil v4 i built lasted damn, lets say around 100hours of constant abuse with that super strangler exhaust, 16 inch offshore mid, and all other extras, i got worried it was gonna fall apart on me one day driving it so i thought i would tear it down as a precaution..... biggest mistake i ever did! it looked better inside than i did when i built it the first time.. and yea it sat for a few months in pieces as i was building a crazy v6 xflow..... sold everything and got a brand new 21ft hull built locally here in Australia found a clean 250ho etec with 74hours on the clock until i pulled the 1mm grinder out and 4 inches later its a lil min 3.4 litre screamer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-07 17.43.47.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	265483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-06 16.26.50.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	265484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-26 14.19.31.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	265485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-23 10.27.44.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	265486

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-23 13.21.37.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	265487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-06 13.55.10.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	265488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-20 11.13.59.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	265489

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and yes, i also have seen a 28p trophy with 3/4 of the blade missing... was a manufacturing fault though. also can u guys let me know if you received or can view these photos also?? the gearbox is the standard 2008 model 250ho L2 gearbox with a bobs low water pick up fitted on. i had a custom 1 piece baker-lite sleeve/bush made and pressed in for the steering bracket with a fly **** of a bees dick of a gap for movement or lubrication. and i run a rated 350hp+ hydraulic steering on her with upgraded high tensile bolts instead of the puny stainless crap! its a stock powerhead with only carbon fiber reeds installed. i cut down and re-welded the drive and shift shafts together myself and added the big offshore exhaust for the exhaust relief of cavitation on take off and also cut pretty much half the exhaust boot that sits between the gearbox and midsection when bolting it back up, meaning the exhaust flows also between the mounting flanges, and the exhaust/water slits in front of the anode above the cav plate. the mod, defiantly worth it. would defiantly do one again, and again, and again. i had an option to run my 12inch f1 trunk, but thought, hmmm might be too small and way tooooo loud lol.
    after doing this mod, mid range and top end is bull****. the torque, and rooster tail it decides to through is wellll, enough for a new waterfall and fuel economy to me seems like its slightly improved only cause im thinking the exhaust is releived pretty much completely open. oh and no thermostats. she runs cool azz

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics all come threw to view hear. Wow what a cool project making that etec cooler. Looks wicked!! Got any videos of her running? Would love to see that hull run and hear the motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you a can surface a trophy plus and the 27 seems the best all around pitch especially if one is worked. But.....You can't surface for long because it will crack and or break. I have had them last anywhere between 1- day and a few years. You should try the 4 blade Hydromotive OT models.
    Brent
    2009 LCB 2005 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm very interesting and yes it also sounds understandable. And ive also heard the 27p is the best all rounder to go. I will also try other props as mention on here. But luck will fail in the land down under with propellers. :-( i really like my mazco re but when i tried the trophy, it seemed to pull harder top end and handle easier. But tht was before this shortening of my motor and lwpu. And vidios. I have a nice loud one. Will see.on how to post. Other than that its on my facebook page with hundreds more of my boat and motor :-) if interested in acceptance. Its under dennis ebro zaljevic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Brent stated, a trophy can be slightly tweaked to last on high propshaft hieghts. The trophy's are notorious for having differences in geometry from one blade to another in stock form. I bought a brand new trohpy that had 3 different pitches, slightly , but still different.
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzalj1 View Post
    hahaha, big boy, damn straight i remember you. how are you?? that lil v4 i built lasted damn, lets say around 100hours of constant abuse with that super strangler exhaust, 16 inch offshore mid, and all other extras, i got worried it was gonna fall apart on me one day driving it so i thought i would tear it down as a precaution..... biggest mistake i ever did! it looked better inside than i did when i built it the first time.. and yea it sat for a few months in pieces as i was building a crazy v6 xflow..... sold everything and got a brand new 21ft hull built locally here in Australia found a clean 250ho etec with 74hours on the clock until i pulled the 1mm grinder out and 4 inches later its a lil min 3.4 litre screamer
    I'm fine! How are you? I sold the boat and the V4. Now got an Hydrostream and 2.5 200 but still have to splash it!

Nice motor! Have some video's? Did you dyno it or not?
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bigboy, i am good. been good since we last spoke havent stopped working and also havent stopped playing with boats! and wow a big omc to merc upgrade. i bet your happy with your set up and performance comparing to the old flow? i still have my gt235/ccc block here im thinking of putting new sleeves in each pot and new pistons and build a time consuming old v6 xflow with a 16inch mid again, 2.5 sporty and big block etec cowling and pans and trying to work out a efi set up for it some how...... so yea busy as. and thanks for the compliment, she is a nice engine indeed, and didnt bother putting it on the dyno, as its a stock power head with carbon reeds, but i have been told, the 3.4ho etecs are factory 275hp, but de-rated to 250hp?

i cant seem to post videos, but i got 2 vids on my facebook account if you wanna add me and view them from there? there is also other interesting pics on there from the build up. my fb name is dennis ebro zaljevic.

thank you