Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2013 Mercury 200 XS ROS

Just got the pricing from my local dealer today on the 2013 Mercury 200 XS ROS. $16,500 plus $350 rigging. Motor comes bare, no wire harness or SmartCraft gauge. He said at that price he is making $1000 on the entire deal. 30% nonrefundable deposit due by Nov 2nd. He said it's a 230-240hp motor at the 7K rev limiter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything he told you sounds 100% correct. That 230 -240 hp is at the crankshaft, not the prop as all Mercury motors are rated. You will need the keyswitch harness, any Smartcraft harnesses you desire and an oil tank kit. They come with NO WARRANTY (zero, not even the day you first fire it) and expect delivery some time in April or May of next year. I have two '12s that are mounted, but not rigged yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23MTR 004.jpg   23MTR 003.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurry up Dale, want to hear how it performs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know about the "No Warranty". He did tell me after the motor has been set up by the dealer and if there are any problems in the first few hours of run-time that the powerhead would be covered. That is if everything on the SmartCraft gauge and plugging into the computer checks out. They want to take the powerhead back 100% untouched by the dealer so it can be taken down at the factory and studied so the engineers can find out what any weak points might be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRHOBACK View Post
    Hurry up Dale, want to hear how it performs.
    Yeah Danny, I know it's taking me a while. I think we have a good benchmark with Dave Bush's old 23MTR that ran 114 w/ 2.5/260s and right at 100 with twin 225PMs. If I get anything over 100, I think it will tell us all that the motors are strong. My computers are with Joe at DBR getting the rev limiters raised to 8,000 and I've got two sets of 28" pitch 4 blades to start with. Running the math with 10% slip will put me over 100 at 7,350 or above.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stv1991 View Post
    I know about the "No Warranty". He did tell me after the motor has been set up by the dealer and if there are any problems in the first few hours of run-time that the powerhead would be covered. That is if everything on the SmartCraft gauge and plugging into the computer checks out. They want to take the powerhead back 100% untouched by the dealer so it can be taken down at the factory and studied so the engineers can find out what any weak points might be.
    He may be right, I wouldn't know, as I never asked Mercury about that as I bought my motors through the OEM and I'm rigging the boat myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23MTR with motors 001.jpg   23MTR with motors 009.jpg   23MTR 005.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    I have two '12s that are mounted, but not rigged yet.
    Awesome rig... looking forward to seeing your running results as well
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody put these (ROS or SST) on a STV.
    I have strange craving for alphabet soup

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That are some nice looking motors. I am in the process of building a 280, 15 mid, Sp lower and I sure thought about going that route every time I hit a bump in the build. However, the 280 only has 19.5 hrs on it so it is basically new.

Jason H.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCampisano View Post
    Anybody put these (ROS or SST) on a STV.
    I have strange craving for alphabet soup
    Great question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about bolting one on my RapidCraft Riot. Will this motor push this boat into the 90-100mph range?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spoke with my dealer again with my concern that the HP rating is at the crank not the propshaft and told him I wasn't interested in paying $16,5 for a 200hp motor. He said the output is very similar to a ProMax 225 at the shaft.

He also said they had a 200 XS SST apart a couple of days ago and it is very similar inside to the 175 Optimax with a little more aggressive porting. But said everything looked very similar. He said the 175 Opti's have been very good motors.

His own race 200 XS SST went down after 50+ hours of race time. He basically said the motor ran at 8,000 RPM's the entire time starting right out of the box. Said the ROS has steel sleeved cylinders and has the lower 7,000 rev limiter. Puts out the same HP but it's just mapped out differently. He stated that the ROS used in non-racing events and used for recreational use should last a very long time out of the crate.

Any input on this???.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stv1991 View Post
    Just spoke with my dealer again with my concern that the HP rating is at the crank not the propshaft and told him I wasn't interested in paying $16,5 for a 200hp motor. He said the output is very similar to a ProMax 225 at the shaft.

He also said they had a 200 XS SST apart a couple of days ago and it is very similar inside to the 175 Optimax with a little more aggressive porting. But said everything looked very similar. He said the 175 Opti's have been very good motors.

His own race 200 XS SST went down after 50+ hours of race time. He basically said the motor ran at 8,000 RPM's the entire time starting right out of the box. Said the ROS has steel sleeved cylinders and has the lower 7,000 rev limiter. Puts out the same HP but it's just mapped out differently. He stated that the ROS used in non-racing events and used for recreational use should last a very long time out of the crate.

Any input on this???.
    You've pretty much got the information 100% correct from my knowledge of the motors! My go-to guy that I received my information from before purchasing them was Chris Fairchild. He is probably the most knowledgeable/well respected Merc guy racing SST120/SST200/F1 right now. He added that the motors are very strong throughout the entire rpm range, and "feel" much stronger than the Gen I 2.5s of the same hp. He told me that I will be very happy with the motors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any way for me to get ahold of Chris? I'm serious about one of these motors but because they are such low volume, there are not many people to talk to about these. Still a few things I want to clarify before moving forward.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had the scratch I'd buy a new one for my Grandsport in a heartbeat!
    Sunsation 32 Dominator - 496 MAG HOs

Nothing runs like a Deere when a CAT's on it's ASS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast