Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCraiger View Post
    I am running a cleaver, it makes the ass end ride higher & when you trim it up the boat kinda get squirelly I want to try a srx next. I am still getting seat time in the boat also, I don't want to do anything crazy yet. The boat didn't like to fly the bow with that prop. I got a 28 chopper to try this weekend to see what happens, looking for a 30 chopper to try also.

Craig
    Did you run the cleaver hard enough to get up high on the pad? You should start flying the bow if you do. Forward speed makes the bow fly, regardless of stern lift. If you're overtimmed when it starts to fly, that would explain it getting squirelly. Give it some trim (not too much) and nail it til it gets up on the pad and the bow starts to fly. As you increase speed drop trim to control it. Mine will fly the bow with no positive trim at anything over 75 -80 mph running a 32 Cleaver. The instability goes away as you reduce the trim while increasing speed, as long as you're balanced on the pad. I have also had fun with a 30 Hoss Triton. Hope this helps. Most of my experience is running Action's, but the power of the SpankyRude is adding a new dimension!
    Last edited by frederick55; 12-16-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frederick55 View Post
    Did you run the cleaver hard enough to get up high on the pad? You should start flying the bow if you do. Forward speed makes the bow fly, regardless of stern lift. If you're overtimmed when it starts to fly, that would explain it getting squirelly. Give it some trim (not too much) and nail it til it gets up on the pad and the bow starts to fly. As you increase speed drop trim to control it. Mine will fly the bow with no positive trim at anything over 75 -80 mph running a 32 Cleaver. The instability goes away as you reduce the trim while increasing speed, as long as you're balanced on the pad. I have also had fun with a 30 Hoss Triton. Hope this helps. Most of my experience is running Action's, but the power of the SpankyRude is adding a new dimension!
    How fast have you had it?

I bolted my powerhead on after Sam did some massaging and picked up 15 mph over the stock 225 on the same setup. All I did was swap powerhead. Boat ran 97 first time out with a 30 chopperII and I was full negative trim after 90. Chopper had way too much lift even all the way negative the bow would just start climbing toward the sky after 95.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running a 26" real yamaha, 99.8 mph at 8300 rpm, had a bad aeromotive fuel pump which wouldn't let the motor turn up, we will see now with new motor and fuel pump!! flies straight as an arrow, and yes neg trim over 85!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Sedman View Post
    I'm running a 26" real yamaha, 99.8 mph at 8300 rpm, had a bad aeromotive fuel pump which wouldn't let the motor turn up, we will see now with new motor and fuel pump!! flies straight as an arrow, and yes neg trim over 85!
    Isnt yours a 16? Those lil boats are FAST...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine loves positive trim, hates negative.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    How fast have you had it?

I bolted my powerhead on after Sam did some massaging and picked up 15 mph over the stock 225 on the same setup. All I did was swap powerhead. Boat ran 97 first time out with a 30 chopperII and I was full negative trim after 90. Chopper had way too much lift even all the way negative the bow would just start climbing toward the sky after 95.
    Somewhere around 88-90 with a 32 Cleaver, running about even with the pad. I haven't pushed beyond 5800- 6000 rpm yet and only for short intervals. Want to take it easy on the break in. I can tell it's got plenty left! If I jack it up it should easily turn over 7000rpm. I'm not going to push it before I've got 20hrs on it. Should see lower 100's if I want to live on the edge. What kind of rpm were you seeing with a comparable prop?
    Last edited by frederick55; 12-17-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you figure out your height? I'm stuck where i am at unless i do something to get more lift out of a jackplate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt yours a 16? Those lil boats are FAST...
    Yes, it is, pretty light too:-)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mine turned a 30 chopper II 7400 pedaling it because trim was tucked all the way in and bow was still coming up. motor was 1.5+ above I tried to get some prop out of water to kill bow lift but couldnt. I really didnt wanna get wet. Boat was a tanker too 700lbs bare hull no interior no rub rail nothing. Probably 900+ rigged probably only reason it drove so well and I never got wet. ONly other prop I ran on it was a 29 srx and it was much slower at more rpm I planed on sending it to DAH to work it but prop cracked before I could send it then sold action to my bro. He ran high 80s with a pos old wore out 225 80psi compression and a 32 cleaver.

heres first day out. Breakin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biorh3irnSE
    Last edited by baja200merk; 12-28-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine turned a 30 chopper II 7400 pedaling it because trim was tucked all the way in and bow was still coming up. motor was 1.5+ above I tried to get some prop out of water to kill bow lift but couldnt. I really didnt wanna get wet. Boat was a tanker too 700lbs bare hull no interior no rub rail nothing. Probably 900+ rigged probably only reason it drove so well and I never got wet. ONly other prop I ran on it was a 29 srx and it was much slower at more rpm I planed on sending it to DAH to work it but prop cracked before I could send it then sold action to my bro. He ran high 80s with a pos old wore out 225 80psi compression and a 32 cleaver.

heres first day out. Breakin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biorh3irnSE
    Thanks for the vid Baja. You guys know how to break'em....in! I don't know if mine is much lighter, if any. Seems like hull weight from Barney said 670lbs. Don't know if that included tank, interior, rigging, or not. When I restored mine I added another layer of 18oz mat roving to the hull and also on the new deck, which added weight. I'm probably running in the same ballpark. Not so good for drags (which ain't my thing) but probably better for top end. Did you guys ever run negative wedges? I've got some I could try that I ran on the Viking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My spanky motor would spin my 26 (which runs like a28)7500 8k all day lol. ..never tried wedges was a thought tho
    Mirage RR
    Lake Tarpon Boyz!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefKid View Post
    My spanky motor would spin my 26 (which runs like a28)7500 8k all day lol. ..never tried wedges was a thought tho
    I'd be afraid of adding a window at 8k. Some people are bulletproof I guess!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is the best jack hight for action 18 boat 260 hp mercury efi offshore 24 chopper yamy 9.500 rpm
    its not always the gun its the man behind the trigger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finishing the project u started @CaptainCraiger .. u should of covered those hole on the deck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200212_145013.jpg   20200212_145056.jpg   20200212_145023.jpg   20200212_145107.jpg   20200211_190242.jpg  

20200207_233110.jpg  

15. Likes LMT383 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back the Dead...?

OH! that's Easter

Funny statement, He's not going to spin it up till he has 20 hours on it, in my world that's past rebuild time

Or how high should I run my motor, till you run out of water pressure

"Somewhere around 88-90 with a 32 Cleaver, running about even with the pad. I haven't pushed beyond 5800- 6000 rpm yet and only for short intervals. Want to take it easy on the break in. I can tell it's got plenty left! If I jack it up it should easily turn over 7000rpm. I'm not going to push it before I've got 20hrs on it."
    We have invented the world; WE see

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10