Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.5L 280 no water pres sensor

I have a '99 2.5L 280 Off Shore powerhead. I've noticed that my engine does not have a "water pressure sensor" on the engine that supplies the ECM with a signal. In fact my ECM does not even have the signal wire coming out of its harness for this sensor. Is anyone else's motor set up this way? Has anyone added this function in? Does anyone no a reason for no sensor?

I'd certainly like the added security of having this sensor sound horn and reduce rpm via ECM if water pressure dropped and I didn't notice on the dash gauge.

I've always been a little concerned with the water pressure as it typically runs a little over 5psi cruising and around 10psi WOT. I know 280's run low pressure being a high flow system but my 280 power head is sitting on a '93 260 off shore adapter plate and I wonder if the dumps are too big. Over winter I may modify exhaust plate.
    Jeremy Lewis
    Broken Arrow, OK

'89 22' Velocity w/ '99 2.5L 280 Offshore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is only a guess but if your ECM is a ROS it may not have a pressure circuit,because the water pickup is in and out of the water on offshore racing applications and the warning light or horn would be going off all the time