User Tag List

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Thanks,

I am guessing ya gotta pull the powerhead and drill/tap them in yerself? If so, I'll wait until after break in, as I also have some solid mounts that have been sitting in my toolbox for a while that I wanna throw in there. I am still having some trouble, while it didnt blow up this time, it shut off after running about 10 minutes at 4000RPM, this happened twice. Had a merc tech on the boat with me the second time, and he thinks the VST is runnin' out of fuel, gonna tear into it this weekend and see if I can figger sumthin' out.
    Rick,

You don't have to pull the power head to do this, just remove the skirt, that'll give you access to the area you'll be working in, worst case you may have to unbolt the lower pan so it'll give you a little more room each side. Good luck on the fuel issue..........

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    Rick,

You don't have to pull the power head to do this, just remove the skirt, that'll give you access to the area you'll be working in, worst case you may have to unbolt the lower pan so it'll give you a little more room each side. Good luck on the fuel issue..........
    How can I tell if I am drilling into the right area? I will have the lowers cowlings and stuff off this weekend while I have the VST off, I'll take a closer look. Keep in mind mine started life as a 250EFI, not sure if there is a difference in the adapter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    How can I tell if I am drilling into the right area? I will have the lowers cowlings and stuff off this weekend while I have the VST off, I'll take a closer look. Keep in mind mine started life as a 250EFI, not sure if there is a difference in the adapter.
    Adapter is pretty much genric.....same stuff applies.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    ronnie and ken now have me thinking about putting a wideband o2 sensor on it, and hooking it up to the wolf. probably wouldn't run it in closed loop, but use it for monitoring. problem is there are not alot of places on the 3 litre adapter plate to put it, was hard enough putting egt probes in that are 1/8 npt. anyone have any ideas?
    What size is the pipe thread hole in the adapter plate for the EGT adapter?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    Adapter is pretty much genric.....same stuff applies.

Cool, looks like yours are at a slight angle? Do you remember the size of the threads?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, there 1/8-27 NPT......... The fittings were drilled out to allow the probes to fit through.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's acouple more with better views from my 250 EFI;

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,

That should work, if I get the balls to put a drill to it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    not sure about that kevin, the weak link in any 3 litre is the rods, so max rpm will be 7k, maybe 7200 once in a while if needed. boat lost some snap going to that gearcase from the 1.75, i know from captn steve's 21 trick 6800 rpm works out to 100 mph w/ the 1.75 gears, we both have the same props, 30 p pro et. i'd like to see 110 plus on rare occasions, so i'd probably use the 1.75 gearcase most of the time as it is definetely more fun to drive. ronnie and ken now have me thinking about putting a wideband o2 sensor on it, and hooking it up to the wolf. probably wouldn't run it in closed loop, but use it for monitoring. problem is there are not alot of places on the 3 litre adapter plate to put it, was hard enough putting egt probes in that are 1/8 npt. anyone have any ideas?
    The snowmobile guys run o2 sensors in 2 strokes at 32:1 all the time. They do not last as long as they do in 4 strokes but they do live for a while. Long enough to tune it. In a perfect world o2 or not, the best way to really tune it is to put it on the dyno so you can tune for peak torque every 100rpm. I swear I read some where bush ran an o2 in his.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use NTK
    the trick is to keep it DRY!
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its gonna be hard to keep dry, i don't run a skirt because of the wingplate, i guess i could try to use heatshrink tubing to seal everything up. it appears that all the o2 sensors are 18mm, i have to look and see if i can tap that spot to 1/4 npt, maybe i could build a straight adapter that is 1/4 npt x 18 mm so the tip of the sensor is in the exhaust stream. put 120 miles on the boat this weekend at the palatka run, didn't miss a beat! fully loaded down w/ fuel and passengers, acceleration is nite and day better, took it up to 95 plus a couple of times. the fuel burn is up a lil, aprox 20%, which i expected seeing how much the fuel injection rate is up. eventually i could probably turn a bigger prop to offset this, but it is more fun w/ the acceleration. that was my biggest complaint w/ the skater was the lack of acceleration, which is now tolerable. the engine is going on the dyno weds. to fine tune the lower points in the range, and get 6k rpm and up done. it was nice to finally meet you in person ken! my wife took some pics of you guys running, but they were blurry.
    Last edited by mrcrsr; 09-24-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good meeting you and your wife also. Here's a shot of you and the family on the way to the Spring. If you want the full resolution file (10mb) let me know and I'll email it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Charlie's Skater.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks ken! if you could email it that would be great
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gary, do you think there is room in there to go to 12 mm? they make a 45 deg adapter that is 12 mm on one side, 18 mm on the other to accomodate the o2 sensor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie,

Depending on where your EGT Probes are located.....coming in from the sides should be doable, if not how about coming in from the aft end directly into the exhaust runners ? Should be plenty of meat there to work with.

Gary

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast