User Tag List

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crankcase is stuffed like the thanksgiving turkey, lol! you can never have enough power, so a lil more torque never hurts. i'm not running a bleed system, this engine was patterned after the 2.5/260/280 and they don't run a bleed system, alot of it has to do w/ where the fuel is injected, and this thing doesn't have any fuel going thru the reeds, so there shouldn't be any puddling issues w/ fuel. they typically use the bleed system to help improve the idle by getting rid of pudled fuel in the intake tract.
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do have it vacuum referenced, that way it does see less fuel pressure at idle
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    i actually have the merc service manual for all the 3 litres, you can't figure out from the wiring diagram(or the troubleshooting guide) what the wires do. i pretty much need someone who knows or owns one of them to take a multimeter and check it. worse case i'll try it- if it doesn't work i'll have to change the wiring.

Charlie,

I've got a 1995 wiring diag. and it's crystal clear and easy to read right back to the ECU's

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem gary is the early engines only used 5 v reference supply to the tps only- it doesn't daisy chain around the engine like the newer 3 litres, so you basically see both wires go from the ecu to the tps only, so you can't disttinguish what wire does what

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie,

What makes the difference between the old and new? I am assuming the old style ECU? Not sure what year my motor is as it is made up of several motors, but does have the old style ECU's if that helps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem gary is the early engines only used 5 v reference supply to the tps only- it doesn't daisy chain around the engine like the newer 3 litres, so you basically see both wires go from the ecu to the tps only, so you can't disttinguish what wire does what
    Got'cha.........

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i was able to reuse the msd wires i had made for the other 3 litre. does anyone know the tps wiring on the older 3 litres? the colors on the tps are black(ground), blue/red and blue/yellow- trying to figure out which wire is the 5v input and which is signal out, i'm thinking it is the blue/red is the 5v feed. thats the way i wired it unless someone knows..

almost 100% certain the blue yellow is reference and blue red is 5v

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked mine last night, and the blue/yellow had 4.8v with the key on, harness side, TPS unplugged, blue/red nada.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks rick! i'll have to change the wiring. as for your question, the newer style stuff uses a single motorola computer, as compared to the 2 merc computers on your engine, more or less newer technology. pulled the old powerhead last nite and installed the new one, had to change fuel lines and rerig a couple of things, i still have to do the starter wiring, fix the tps wiring and configure the timing before lite off!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks rick! i'll have to change the wiring. as for your question, the newer style stuff uses a single motorola computer, as compared to the 2 merc computers on your engine, more or less newer technology. pulled the old powerhead last nite and installed the new one, had to change fuel lines and rerig a couple of things, i still have to do the starter wiring, fix the tps wiring and configure the timing before lite off!
    Cool,

That is what I figured with the ecu's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasa has nothing over you guys , this is way to cool ! great work charlie / and chaz you got another notch on your belt !

21 Skater 300 x

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old ECU's (one for fuel and one for ignition) were 16 bit processors. The new style (and the Wolf) are 32 Bit. It's an exponential increase in processing ability. Going from 16 to 32 only sounds like double but it's really able to process 16 times more info.

I love this stuff. Charlie, you need to post pics of it on the mid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch King View Post
    The old ECU's (one for fuel and one for ignition) were 16 bit processors. The new style (and the Wolf) are 32 Bit. It's an exponential increase in processing ability. Going from 16 to 32 only sounds like double but it's really able to process 16 times more info.

I love this stuff. Charlie, you need to post pics of it on the mid.
    The only info I am processing while the boat is out is how many drinks are left in my cooler, I like 32 better, but 16 will do

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    The only info I am processing while the boat is out is how many drinks are left in my cooler, I like 32 better, but 16 will do
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch King View Post
    It's an exponential increase in processing ability.
    And it definatly gets extra-mental after you've drunk 32 beers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaDneSS View Post
    And it definatly gets extra-mental after you've drunk 32 beers
    Of course most of them are for the crew

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast