User Tag List

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a pic of the modified flywheel. we machined off the late style 60-6 reluctor ring, cut the old style reluctor ring off a flywheel and did a .006 interference fit. its easier to work w/ this style tooth pattern for the computer. while we were at it we took 2.5 lbs off the late style flywheel. thanks for your help charly!
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a shot of the assembled long block, gary, the head studs are sweet!
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you like the Stud Kit, I think it's definatly better than some of the other kits available that I've seen and it's cheaper too, better and cheaper that's the ticket !!!!. The build is look'n good Charlie....

I'm itch'n to get back to building mine as well. I've decided to put the 300x heads back on through break-in, don't know if I'll go back to the billet heads or not after break-in is completed, I'm sorta gun shy right now with still not being able to say what the cause was 100%....

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

great stuff guys.......................
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 33 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE,LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Charlie your supposed to hack the chest off before you assemble it

Looks great, im sure it smells like 400hp

I love seeing guys modding these fishing motors
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    here's a pic of the modified flywheel. we machined off the late style 60-6 reluctor ring, cut the old style reluctor ring off a flywheel and did a .006 interference fit. its easier to work w/ this style tooth pattern for the computer. while we were at it we took 2.5 lbs off the late style flywheel. thanks for your help charly!

Your Welcome ... and Thank You for giving credit, where credit is due

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the kinda stuff that makes you want to buy machine tools, isn't that right Charlie......lol. Nice job on the fly wheel mod to both of you. Should have sent it to me for getting it degree'd while I still had the set up on the mill, I'd say make that a winter project but then again you guys really don't have a "put the boat in storage winter" like the rest of us.........

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Your Welcome ... and Thank You for giving credit, where credit is due
    Chaz , what ever happened to the thread on your engine build ? It seemed to just disappear ?

You guys are really creative with all you are doing with these engines ! Keep up the good work both of you !!
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ronnie, merc uses a delco map sensor, it appears to be the same one as used on cars. i have a couple of different ones to try this time around, and i may justt calibrate it on the running engine at different rpm/load points to see if it is more accurate this way. got the long block done last nite, merc sux w/ the rubber coated reed cages, already had to buy 2 of them at a cost of 200/ea. i ended up taking the rubber off 2 of the cages and lapped them flat- the ones without the rubber actually seem to seal better!! go figure

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gary, between you and charly i learn alot about the machine work aspect of this whole thing, its been years since i played w/ lathes and mills, so thank you both for all your help!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    This is the kinda stuff that makes you want to buy machine tools, isn't that right Charlie......lol. Nice job on the fly wheel mod to both of you. Should have sent it to me for getting it degree'd while I still had the set up on the mill, I'd say make that a winter project but then again you guys really don't have a "put the boat in storage winter" like the rest of us.........
    Now Gary, you should know I have three roto-tables. One that takes two people to lift, LOL One that sines 90* and another thats just user friendly... and angle brackets to stand each one on end ... even a 90* spindle drive to really make things complicated ...

Tom Foley
    Chaz , what ever happened to the thread on your engine build ? It seemed to just disappear ?

You guys are really creative with all you are doing with these engines ! Keep up the good work both of you !!
    Tom, I'm gonna walk as softly as I can here.
    I took what I thought was a dorment section of this site, to show the modifications that I have been doing to the motors for my 25' Motion. None of it was really anything new, just stuff that I have been doing to my race car motors for years. I wasnt looking to step on anyones toes, steal buisness or disrespect any vendors on this site. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way. My intention when I posted my build, and asked Gary and Charlie to post theirs in this area, was to have a 3.0L section, for us guys who love the big block Mercs to hang out,and hopefully others would join in with theirs. Nothing more, nothing less. The board admin chose to see it as encroaching on paying members domain. I understand and respect his decision for pulling my threads. My sincere apoligies if I offended anyone.
    This thread is the "other Charlie's" and I dont want to goober it up with board politics, we got enough of that on TV .. Sooooo......

mrcrsr
    gary, between you and charly i learn alot about the machine work aspect of this whole thing, its been years since i played w/ lathes and mills, so thank you both for all your help!

Thats a two way street my brother.
    When my motorhome generator went kaput, you were the first one there to help ... err .. I meen , fix the problem .. Thank You

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    charly i can take a look if you send me your latest engine file !
    if you can also give me the part number i can see wat i can dig up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom, I'm gonna walk as softly as I can here.
    I took what I thought was a dorment section of this site, to show the modifications that I have been doing to the motors for my 25' Motion. None of it was really anything new, just stuff that I have been doing to my race car motors for years. I wasnt looking to step on anyones toes, steal buisness or disrespect any vendors on this site. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way. My intention when I posted my build, and asked Gary and Charlie to post theirs in this area, was to have a 3.0L section, for us guys who love the big block Mercs to hang out,and hopefully others would join in with theirs. Nothing more, nothing less. The board admin chose to see it as encroaching on paying members domain. I understand and respect his decision for pulling my threads. My sincere apoligies if I offended anyone.
    This thread is the "other Charlie's" and I dont want to goober it up with board politics, we got enough of that on TV .. Sooooo......

Don't see how you could offend any one your were just posting some cool stuff. Its allways cool to see peoples builds step by step. JMO

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave,

Charlie, Chaz & I agreed that it would benefit the 3L folks to have a place called "Home", but it was obviously taken down. I made mention of the 3L stud kits I was building and it too was shut down because another vendor complained so I had to up my standing to Supporting Member in order to sell my Stud Kits.......There's not much info available for 3L owners and the total intent was to attempt to provide as much info as we could share and since 99% of it was Fab work, it seemed proper to put it in that section. Like Chaz said, it was all done with the best intension of sharing what we've done and know for the rest of the 3L community.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i figured this was considered fabrication(most of it) so i posted it here,its something different so it does fit the description. got everything pretty much on the engine yesterday, took awhile to find/scrounge up hardware, i had an opti i took apart awhile ago, so i had to find all the alternator bracketry, bolts, etc. then, the new coils didn't fit the old style 3 litre coil bracket, so that took a couple of hours. amazing how nothing goes quickly or easily.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast