User Tag List

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have used over 100 wisecos last year with no issues.

Quote Dave Bush

Top guided, side pinned, 1 ring, 2 rings are all areas we have tested. Currently we are sticking with Wiseco’s side pin, as it has proven perfect as they claim. We lose ring seal and have more significant leak down when top pinned.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    You are also correct in stating that the reeds are the restriction, but you also have to consider that it's "Vacuum" and not pressure that's sucking in the air and vacuum is a very powerful force that can over come restrictions to a point more so than pressure.
    The people who "Bring good things to light" have gotten rich ( I'm also a stock holder) by protecting the wire filament of an incandescent bulb in an area (mostly) void of air molecules.
    However, the principle of vacuum does not really apply to the intake stroke of either a 2 or 4 cycle engine beyond idle. If it did , the intake charge would go over 100% volumetric efficiency.
    Every normally aspirated configuration we deal with, only uses atmospheric pressure to fill voids until an equilibrium is met. Yes it's true that you can use the "pressure" of a moving column to continue filling a void, but that's only good for a few % at best.
    Now there are those who build additional manifold "pressure" above atmosphere thru artificial means , blowers, turbo's etc .. but that is another non vacuum related topic ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can actually have pressure filling without mechanical add ons above atmosferic pressure
    with the principle of helmholtz
    http://www.chrysler300club.com/uniq/.../ramtheory.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_stack

the brucato unit can do this
    although very curious how adjustable the power curve is with the stacks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PanRonnie View Post
    you can actually have pressure filling without mechanical add ons above atmosferic pressure
    with the principle of helmholtz
    http://www.chrysler300club.com/uniq/.../ramtheory.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_stack

the brucato unit can do this
    although very curious how adjustable the power curve is with the stacks
    Ronnie,
    Thank you for accentuating my point.

Yes it's true that you can use the "pressure" of a moving column to continue filling a void, but that's only good for a few % at best.
    Try as we may at times .. It's tough to bend the laws of physics ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about why the locating pins came loose? The intake manifold does no good if the engine spews parts everywhere.i do believe velocity takes over. But, if all intake events were recorded in psia there would definitely be a difference between either side.
    Last edited by mrcrsr; 04-01-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    How about why the locating pins came loose? The intake manifold does no good if the engine spews parts everywhere!
    Ain't that the truth.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Working on a 3 liter for a buddy, due to sizing issues I'm going to use a set of WSM's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Working on a 3 liter for a buddy, due to sizing issues I'm going to use a set of WSM's.
    Have you used those before in an outboard? Know guys that have used them is other 2 stroke apps and had good luck.

Dave
    RIP Stu

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, first time. Used them in tons of jet ski's and snow mobiles with no issues what so ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    No, first time. Used them in tons of jet ski's and snow mobiles with no issues what so ever.

Thats the same info I have got same apps. Let us know what you think, prices seem good.

Dave
    RIP Stu

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bigger bores with bigger ports are harder on pins.

Its not the same wiseco you bought in 1995 and smeared...
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Wiseco's never had a problem I didn't create.

Dave
    RIP Stu

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    How about why the locating pins came loose? The intake manifold does no good if the engine spews parts everywhere.
    So if the pins stayed in place for 249 hours , then you change the intake and it detonates one piston to slag and rattles the pins loose in the other five .. it's pretty easy to see what the root of the problem is. Another sure way to tell it was detonation is that the pins will be stuck in their bores.
    I spoke about it on the other thread, you even tended to agree. That being that the throttle blade area is grossly exaggerated for the application.
    Gary said the math show's the blade area to be more than twice that of the stock system .. If that's the case, then doesn't it stand to reason that at half throttle it is moving as much air volume as the standard system... ? Then wouldn't it also make sense that at that point, it requires the same amount of fuel as it did at WOT .. ? Of course it does ..
    Now from that point on, if the MAD deal has the ability to straighten the air in larger doses, and the engine has the ability to make use of that air, then a curve adding fuel will also produce more power.
    But if the motor has no use for the available air from half throttle on, then force feeding additional fuel will only make for a blubbery second half ..

i do believe velocity takes over. But, if all intake events were recorded in psia there would definitely be a difference between either side.
    Velocity is a given .. The Ramcharger's ( Chrysler engineers) took that deal to extremes in the early 60's .. It's worth a few percent as stated.
    Cyl heads are tested at 28" of OMC .. err ... Mercury .. thats so small changes can be recorded. Any .. cyl head or carb man will tell you the 99% of what's out there , be it 2 pokes or 4 , run at an average 1.5" of depression .. if it were not the case, carbs wouldn't need to operate within the confines of Bernoulli's principle.

Some early weirdness ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    charly, as far as the mixture, here's one for you. at 3k rpm, fueling requirements went up about 13%.i don't look at things from a throttle opening perspective but more of tps over rpm. my engine is crankcase injected, so i'd like to think that takes out the variable for disrupted airflow as i'm injecting after the reeds. so that only leaves one possibility, that the intake truly is packing more air into the crankcase. what doesn't make sense to me is at steady state 3 k rpm, with all other variables equal(same prop,boat,load,etc) why does it require more fuel to do the same job? as far as the engine coming apart, lets just say a friend who was running the boat for me made a mistake. i was running the laptop in the passenger seat, he was driving the boat. we did one plug reading at 3k rpm, everything fine. my fuel rail and lines hold pressure for a lil while after shutting the fuel pumps down. anyway, boat is in gear, he hits the key and immediately planes, motor falls on its face, as its spinning down i heard it squeak a couple of times. boat settles back in water, he figures out he left the fuel pump off, kicks it back on, fires the engine, planes off and motor seizes. it didn't do alot of damage other then scuffing the piston and bore had scratches in it. no evidence of detonation (no speckling on plugs, etc) so not sure why you are saying detonation as i don't believe that is the culprit.
    Last edited by mrcrsr; 04-02-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it would be easier over Gatoraid next time you stop by .. LOL

But here goes ..

at 3k rpm, fueling requirements went up about 13%
    Given the fact that the blade area is over twice that of a single hole deal , as stated at "every throttle angle of opening" there is a larger entrance window. Before your done, I would imagine 13% will be on the low side ..

i don't look at things from a throttle opening perspective but more of tps over rpm.
    Same as above, but within those two perspectives ...
    You could be idling along and whack it , the motor would be at 2000 rpm and WOT on the TPS .
    Just as you could be cruising at 6000 and push the throttle the last little bit to WOT .
    Each situation would require a different curve. So it's a good thing you do that.

my engine is crankcase injected, so i'd like to think that takes out the variable for disrupted airflow as i'm injecting after the reeds
    Well it make's for a situation where you know that the fuel you send in , is in fact going where you want it. But with two holes being fed "air" from a common blade, at anything but WOT , then one side is looking at a funnel while the other is looking at a shear plate.

It's date night, and I don't wanna keep the Mrs. waiting ...

I'll be back ...

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast