User Tag List

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I decided to reach into the cowling for the quest for more hp! boat has gone a best of 106 with a stock 32 p pro et, at 7k rpm on the limiter, 1.75 ratio. I sent that brand new wheel out to have it modified, any way it didn't turn out so well, I'm down to 103 at 6300 rpm. I regret not trying that prop with a set of 1.62's(I have another sporty w/ that ratio but the skeg has been cut down so I'm leery to really run it with that case) I have another friend sending me an untouched 32 pro et to try, and then I will run the 1.62. engine has aprox 200 hours on it, leakdown is between 2-4 percent. so here we go, here is the engine in its exsisting configuration

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a couple of issues I already see, the injector duty cycle is at 80% at 4500, which is where peak torque is. I am going to bring the fuel pressure up to 60 psi, and hopefully that will help- I am currently at 50 psi. I need to redo the linkage for the mad efi intake, and I hope I have enough travel in my linkage for it to work or I have to reengineer my primary throttle arm. reeds looked perfect still, so all was reused.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tapped the injector holes in the intake to 1/8 npt, and installed pipe plugs with epoxy on them. I will give some updates once I get it running, I'm curious to see how much more fuel it requires, I still have the wideband to install and will probably use it tuning the engine this time. the intake definitely looks bad ass on the engine!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look'n Bad Azz Charlie. Your going to need allot more fuel my friend........LOL, been there-done that and still working on it........LMAO!!!!!

Last time out in 2013, I tried everything I could throw at it it short of a programmable ECU. Air supply was not the problem, fuel was or should I say the big lack of it. 80-85 MPH was it, than it ran into a stone wall, wouldn't go any faster. I too played with the fuel pressure, 58 psi was the highest I had mine up to with very little difference. Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze more fuel output with the WOLF ECU cause your gonna need it my friend.

i've gonna down the road to add fuel in a different way, yet to be tested on water, but it sure sprays a real nice cone pattern mist that is atomized enough for a clean burn. Only sprays fuel and opens up at WOT, it's still a work in progress.

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie

If you still have the stock throttle arm that bolts to the block the linkage should just bolt right on at the bottom.

85 Checkmate Starflite
    MAD/Wolf 225 EFI

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to cut one up dave to get the horn system to work. its funny, if you measure from the center of the butterfly shaft to the pivot point for the linkage to attach on the horn intake it is the same measurement as the mad intake. so, in theory my exsisting throttle arm should work. interesting set up you got going there gary, what are you using for the fuel source? I'd start to get concerned if you are using the little efi pump in the vst, definitely need to keep an eye on your fuel pressure. I run the Weldon fuel pump in the boat, supposedly good to 600 hp on a 4 stroke v8, I don't think i'll run into fuel supply issues any time soon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    I had to cut one up dave to get the horn system to work. its funny, if you measure from the center of the butterfly shaft to the pivot point for the linkage to attach on the horn intake it is the same measurement as the mad intake. so, in theory my exsisting throttle arm should work. interesting set up you got going there gary, what are you using for the fuel source? I'd start to get concerned if you are using the little efi pump in the vst, definitely need to keep an eye on your fuel pressure. I run the Weldon fuel pump in the boat, supposedly good to 600 hp on a 4 stroke v8, I don't think i'll run into fuel supply issues any time soon
    Charlie,
    Not running any pump in the VST, VST is from a early XRI motor, just using as a fuel return catch from the rail. I'm running a external Walbro EFI pump good to 500 HP on a 4 stroke V8, no issues there either. Fuel for the spray bars comes off the the fuel return on the fuel rail, so the spray bars are seeing 58 PSI, totally atomized fuel mist is the output.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice gary. U should inject some laughing gas with it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice gary. U should inject some laughing gas with it!

I told him the same thing LMAO!
    85 Checkmate Starflite
    MAD/Wolf 225 EFI

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like part of a nitrous system! all you need is one more solenoid and a spray bar and you're good to go! got the linkage done last nite, was able to reuse my old modified throttle arm, I couldn't go back to the stock style because the fuel rail would be in the way. next up is to hookup the laptop and calibrate the tps

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fired it up last nite, li rite off and sounds good. my fuel pressure was at 52 psi, brought it up to 60. the engine seems happy, but I need to see how much timing(or lack of) the wolf is putting into the engine at idle, to get the air bleed diameters set properly. more timing and less air at idle keeps the plugs clean and makes the motor more responsive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    took it out on the maiden voyage today with the mad efi, had to add alot of fuel to the curve, and this is after i brought the fuel pressure up to 60 psi from 52. at 3k rpm fueling went up 15%, and thats as far as i got. my laptop locked up in the middle of tuning the engine, had to shut the laptop off, as cntrl/alt/delete didn't work. went to restart it and it says the computer is missing a file and looking for the install disk?? engine did feel good, i took out all the individual cylinder corrections figuring i'll start from scratch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    took it out on the maiden voyage today with the mad efi, had to add alot of fuel to the curve, and this is after i brought the fuel pressure up to 60 psi from 52.
    Quote:Your going to need allot more fuel my friend........LOL, been there-done that and still working on it........LMAO!!!!! Unquote.......

Seems someone mentioned that.........LOL !!!!!!!!!

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any progress Charlie ?

I'm back to the drawing board as the home made injectors didn't pass the bench test before install, there is some sort of material in the nozzles that's breaking down over time when fuel hits it. Think I'm just gonna run some more injectors rather than try to reinvent the wheel.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm actually going out today for some more tuning on it. we'll see how it goes!

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast