Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i mentioned in my last post My little rollers fail alot. Now that i know what your up to please put me on the list to. BTW in the mean time i`m going to put my old Ray Nydhal foot feed in the boat. It works good but is going in my race boat when finished.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    As i mentioned in my last post My little rollers fail alot. Now that i know what your up to please put me on the list to. BTW in the mean time i`m going to put my old Ray Nydhal foot feed in the boat. It works good but is going in my race boat when finished.

DB
    DB,
    You are on the list my friend.
    Everything on my control is hand made from raw stock, not store bought items (except for the hardware of course). The look is similar, but that's where the similarity ends.
    I'll be in touch..........

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to chime in here. Reading all this on "In Control" throttles really makes me wonder.

All of the hardware on "In Control" was stainless, the rollers were contained in a track, the rollers were a commercial buy out product but were not drawer slide rollers. All the assembly hardware utilized NyLock nuts minimizing potential loosening.

I've been running these in all my boats since 1987 and never had a roller fail, a cable break, throttle hang up or jam, or parts of the throttle loosen. Every problem I've ever seen or heard of were always related to improper set up and I've been around hundreds of these throttles and shifters.

Just wondering if all the problems some of you are talking about aren't related to the new rip off copies of the original design. Are you sure you don't have "N Control" products that are now being produced?

More power to you if come up with a new foot throttle and you feel it's a better design, better quality, and for less money. Almost sounds like a political campaign statement! Looking forward to seeing it. There could be a place for it in the market as it sounds like the new rip off ones aren't as good as the original.

I wish you the best of luck!
    Last edited by Onetime; 08-19-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the original McCoy, In-Control Inc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InControl.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to rain on the parade here, but if a foot was to be that "frictionless", like a car with drive-by-wire, am I the only one that feels that in rough water you couldn't keep the damn throttle in one spot...unless you are wide open? A little but of throttle friction is a good thing, no?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anxiously awaiting the finished product

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Onetime, I can`t speak for the others or my roller material and it is the first failure out of three In-Control foot feeds i have owned. My only problem is that the wheels jump out of the track. They can be forced back in place but will jump out again. I think i can repair the track myself but for the amount i paid for it i`m a little dissipointed. Maybe the new manufactorer will remedy this on his product.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I redesigned my twin setup and it is now smooth as butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    Ok, I'm gotta speak up here only because I bought one for my boat (because of all the great talk about them), BUT...... wasn't very happy with it. First of all please understand, I'm an Retired Engineer who designed Jet Engine components for over 30 years at GE and looked at the In-Control throttle accordingly)...............

It uses nylon rollers from Home Depot for a kitchen drawer.....seriously !!!!!!, this is where I said "NO FREAK'N WAY !!!!!

So here's my take on the whole deal:

The engine end of the cable attachment link is comprised of 3 pieces that are epoxied together, that's a poor design, the spring housing is also made up of 2 pieces, brass and plastic that are pinched pricked together, no total containment of the rollers in case of something came loose causing a misalignment that would jam up the control, that's not what I'd call a great product for the $$$$$ they charge, certain aspects of the design are way overkill while others are surely lacking, although the concept is great, just comes up short. There's no total containment of the roller system for alignment or safety should anything ever come loose in the 2 pc linkage and the linkage allows the rollers to come out of their tracks.

I've decided to just make what I think would be a better product for less $$$$:

I've decided to make my own version of the foot throttle using better materials everywhere throughout its design and build using superior materials as "bearing grade" Delrin/Acetal rollers twice as wide as the kitchen drawer rollers they use, 1/4" stainless axles on the rollers instead of a #10 steel screw, pedal link to the rollers will be a billet one piece custom ball milled "I" beam design roller link, far more stable and provide perfect alignment all the time vs. their 2 rail cable clamping system. I wasn't impressed with the use of Home Depot 5/16 ID nylon washers on 1/4" screws, kinda cheap and sloppy. My one piece rail has a much more user friendly and positive cable retention system, instead of clamping the cable between the 2 piece linkage on theirs, mine provides a cable track cut into the linkage rod with 3 stainless retention screws. At the engine end, my spring housing is "ONE" piece unit custom machined and my engine cable control link is also "ONE" piece design. There is "NOTHING" in my design that will corrode or rust in a marine environment, they can't say that about theirs. I also use custom made Delrin washers throughout not the cheap Home Depot type over sized nylon washers theirs uses. Mine also offers 3 fully adjustable pedal positions that offer a custom fit angle for you foot based on how you sit in your boat. Working on the prototype now and should be offering these for sale this fall/winter.

I already have a few S&F members lined up for the first run of controls when they become available and have told them to go over my design with a very, very critical eye and post up truthfully on what they got for their money, which by the way will be "far less" than the In-Control units. I promise that you that you "WILL" get more/better for less money spent.

Stay tuned as custom tooling is currently being made, NC programming in progress, fixtures made, anodizing tanks built etc, etc...... May offer custom color anodizing for those looking for something to match their boats design (Bling-Bling). So if you want a smooth foot control of the highest design and build, hang onto your money a little longer as I'm ramping up to make these available before spring 2015 and the money you'll save will buy you a lot of fuel to start out the season.

It will happen and be offered right here on S&F.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    Would you consider a custom order for a dual use hand/foot?
    I've tried contacting them too. No luck.
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpf091959 View Post
    I agree, I redesigned my twin setup and it is now smooth as butter.
    jpf091959 What ever happened with the props you were selling?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    Mr. Onetime, I can`t speak for the others or my roller material and it is the first failure out of three In-Control foot feeds i have owned. My only problem is that the wheels jump out of the track. They can be forced back in place but will jump out again. I think i can repair the track myself but for the amount i paid for it i`m a little dissipointed. Maybe the new manufactorer will remedy this on his product.

DB
    DB,
    The original "IN-Control" manufacture was out of Mass. and I believe they're no longer in business, Diamond Marine now sells the "N-Control", their version. As I've said before, the design intent of the control is great, it just needs to be made a little better all around. The issue with the rollers coming out of the track on the N-Control has been dealt with on my model. The rollers are totally 100% captive in a track and can never come out of that track unless disassembled. The plastic washers used in the N-Control are nylon, while mine are 100% Delrin. Delrin is a high density plastic with superior wear characteristics and lubricity over nylon washers and my washers are properly sized for the diameter there on, i.e., 1/4" diameter axle uses a 1/4" ID washer, not like the N-Control that use oversized ID washers (5/16 ID washers on a 1/4" OD bolt) resulting in improper loading of the side surfaces that results in potential binding at times throughout the travel range. My rollers are almost 1/4" wide resulting in greater surface contact within the roller track for smooth and stable actuation and travel while maintaining alignment throughout.

I will be offering these controls over the fall/winter months as I'm not rushing to get these out for sale, they'll be available when I feel the quality, look and feel of this control meets my standards and hopefully yours as well.

I welcome all those that may purchase one (when available) to please post up and rate the control, good/bad/in different as that's how products are improved and made to the highest standards. I can test as much as possible but I can't cover all the bases like those who use the control because everyone who uses it may have a different situation that I can't test for, so bring it on when you get yours, looking forward to the user reviews.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RBT View Post
    I've tried contacting them too. No luck.
    Interesting that you tried to contact Sjöberg Racing about there dual use hand/foot throttle. I have tried as well. I'm told that there unit is about 210 Euro or $280 without shipping. Not a bad price at all.<!-- / message -->
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SjobergRacingHandFootComboThrottle.png  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything Gary does it top notch. You can rest assure that it will be the cat's meow when he's through with it
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODVP22 View Post
    Anything Gary does it top notch. You can rest assure that it will be the cat's meow when he's through with it
    Thanks Tom for the kind words, seems you know me oh to well....... But you are right, I am a little anal on stuff I make and it's either 100% right or it goes in the scrap pile.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have them, I really haven't tried to hard to sell them. I have a set of 28", I think I might hang onto the other sets.

Is Mercury still making the 225 2.5l?

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    jpf091959 What ever happened with the props you were selling?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14.5 x 28 Cleaver r2.jpg   14.5 x 28 Cleaver r1.jpg   14.5 x 28 Cleaver.jpg  

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast