Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up KDBA .... event costs and the rules for running an O/B !!

Well , after lots of thought and talking to the people that run them , I've chosen the KDBA as the primary race Organization that I'll ( we'll ) be running in 2003 . I just spent the last 2+ hrs on there website ( looked at every page and picture ) . Looks and seems to be the only logical choice to race in a "Fair" event !!

To any of you that run an O/B in the KDBA ( Steve Z , Ray N , Eric S .... etc etc ) there didn't seem to be any rules if you ran an O/B
    ( I know that there are no motor "Mod." rules but as far as safety goes what do I need to run 9 , 10 , 11 sec. class )

It looks like a very Professionally run event . Hope to get some help and thanks for the advice !!

Jeff .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up KDBA

Jeff,
    Great organization. Friendly people, very safety concious.
    Safety equipment:
    Lifeline or equivalent Jacket. Snell 90 level helmet. Helmet restraint (I recommend the Lifeline). Long sleeve shirt and
    long pants. Shoes or boots, no sandals.
    Wear something cool. It can get very hot in all that safety
    gear.
    Print the Medical form and get it filled out. They are real serious
    about this as they should be.
    Your boat will be inspected, probably by Ray Neudecker or Barry
    Salsman. They will want to make sure all your systems are safe
    and functional. Make sure your kill switch kills the fuel pump as well as the engine.
    I ran 4 different sanctioning bodies LY, so I can't remember exactly what the KDBA membership fees are, but I think it's $190ish, 1st race which includes the 1 time $75.00 membership
    fee. After that, it's just the racing fee.
    Competition rules model insures no inboard vs outboard, or engine brand bias. You'll also like getting RTs, ETs, and MPH. As
    much as I like ODBA, they have no timing equipment.
    We will help you get oriented Jeff, as well as the KDBA officials.
    You should 2 or 3 qualifying passes on Saturdays which will help
    you get familiar with the course and procedures.
    I will warn you about this.............it's addictive! Once you race a
    sanctioned event, you'll want to keep doing it. One of the many
    benefits is you'll learn a LOT and make some good friends while
    doing it.
    We welcome all new racers (even inboarders ), but we
    (the outboard guys) are always happy to have new racers in "our" fraternity ! You can't imagine how good it feels to "park"
    a big inboard back on his trailer!
    Happy Holidays,
    Steve
    Head Merc-Jerk and proud of it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff

Glad to hear you are going to run with us in 2003. Like Steve said its addictive, and you will want more.
    Tim
    Just Say No To SLOW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve pretty well answered everything. most of the bracket race orginzations have gotten together and made their rules consistent to the point even to the point of allowing members of other clubs to race with them without purchasing seperate memberships. There are no engine, fuel or weight rules in the bracket classes. KDBA is very friendly to all racers regardless of engine power. It is also one of the most competitive groups to race against. It has been proven over and over that if you can win there, you can win anywhere. Merry Xmas.
    Ray Neudecker Over The Hill Gang Outboard Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking KDBA

Jeff

In 2001 I started bracket racing and went to 2 events 1 SLDBA and a 1 KDBA race, both were run very well and the rules were almost the same but there was one difference. THe people at KDBA made me feel very welcomed in my first race with them, I actually by a fluke won that event and now I'm HOOKED. This past year we ran 2 boats one in 13 sec class ,my son, and I ran the 11 sec class. He won 1 event and will move up a class this year.

The club fee is $75, and depending on what class you run the entry fee is $100 for 12 &13, $120 for 9,10,11.

Ray neudecker has been like the "OLD WISE MAN" as I refer to him and will help anybody that needs it and freely gives GOOD advice, without his help I would still be chasing my tail trying to get out of the 11.5s and 11.6s, at the end with some good advice and some minor changes I was running 11.1s. I'm just saying that everybody is friendlier and thats why I went back, I still run SLDBA cause they pay a little better but the entry fee is more and there races are pretty close and we will run both again this year.

Jeff we hope to see you and we will all help if you need it

Rick
    "Conklin Racing"
    "Conklin Racing" M/E 0494
    Sponsers,Conklin Racing, Speed-N-Sport Marine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Yep .... already HOOKED !!!!

I have a bit of a sponsor aswell .
    To all that answered ..... Thanks ( Steve Z , Rick and of course Ray ) your reply's were all great and informative . I might even get down for the banquit ! Will get started on the boat soon and will hopefully be at the first event . Will definately be at the one before the Rumble .

Jeff .