Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Room temperature drinks and drinkers?

This question isn't for any 'mericans, just the strange people out there that drink stuff at room temperature.

I've noticed that Americans only drink stuff if it's hotter or colder than room temp. The universal, no conversion needed, thermometer is room temp is above sweater but below sweat.
    A good example is a cold glass of milk. If it is left standing and gets warmed it's no good. If it's hot and left standing it's no good. It either needs to be re-cooled or heated on the stove. Iced tea or hot tea, if it goes to room temperature is non-drinkable.
    Most though are temperature restricted, the drink MUST be either hot or cold, only one or the other. Cold beer, Hot coffee. No hot beer or cold coffee. ( I have heard of iced coffee but have never seen it)
    There are some wierd Americans that do drink stuff at room temp. but these are the strange ones, people you speak in whispers to and nod with a smile at.

The one exception is liquor and only certian kinds of liquor. Even then most will have it chilled or ice immersed in it. How many americans drink wine at room temp? Whiskey?
    Hot alcohol is only in the christmas carols. We no longer drink hot mulled whatever.
    Warm beer is drunk only in emergencies or to prove your man enough to drink that swill. " Yeah, it's not too warm" the person chokes out. And most believe him. After all it's either no beer or warm beer.

Now how many people from other countries drink whatever it is at room temp? I know your doing it but the only thing I'm aware of is beer.
    This is one of those things that I just have to know.
    Last edited by Techno; 12-22-2002 at 07:57 PM.
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll stick with hot or cold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as an american i like things hot or cold, as w/ most people but i know a lot of other countries do not , and i have read in many medical studies that hot or cold isint always the healthiest route to take, room temp is????? i'll still take my brew ICE COLD!
    nitrous/fuel expert

RIP-MY FRIEND WAYNE T
    YOU WILL B MISSED

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever.

i will and am drinking cold beer!

but alot of stuff can be good at different temps.

hot Kaluah and coffee.

frozen rumpelminz.

Crew chief 2004 CHAMP ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in Germany its strange for the first few months. Take for instance when you go to McDonalds and get a cola with your meal. It will be just cola in a cup-- no ice. If you want ice, you pay about .10-.25 extra. Oh & you have to pay for ketchup.

'Some' of the pubs are the same way. You order a beer, it comes room temp with a glass, but a lot of places are changing as they are "becoming Americanized".

My soon to be wife is German. We went to the Post Exchange while first dating and decided to eat fast food while there. I picked up her cup and mine and filled them both to the brim with ice and Coke, put the lid on and stuffed a straw in. She took one sip off it and liked to have screamed. She wasn't expecting it to be ice cold. LOL.

Me, I like my drinks with a little variance- hot or cold.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drink tempature

I like hot or cold. Coffee that must be sipped ,or get the lawer. Cold milk or tea. Water as cold as you get it. I want to look to see if my teeth cracked from the beer. I worked construction at the 1982 worlds fair. Got to meet some very interesting people and try there drinks of choice. Some of those brews were pretty good in a slightly warm state. If was bad you drank it any way. We had this company pow-wow , and were told to turn down a drink offered is considered about as freindly as a boot to the crotch. If I had a good "real " beer I might drink it warm ,if I 2 of them I would have to try 1 of them cold just to see. Bob