Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson 225 dying

Just put it CCM Reeds and after that put it all back together and it wont idle below 1000 rpms without dying and it is also a little harder to crank. called CCM and he said adjust the air screw adjuster on all the carbs did that still wont go below 1000 any ideas?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i figured it out power pack no good at idle. ordered the CDI digital 8500 rpm kit come with the timer base and the pack. any of yall ever used CDI products.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never have had a problem with CDI electronics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Make sure you dont have an air leak somewhere on the reed cage gaskets, intake manifold, or carb gaskets. If you get it running in at 12-1500 and spray brake cleaner around the intake and carbs you will hear the engine pick up when you get near the leak. Takes about 30 seconds to test before you start throwing parts at it.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i mailed new defective cdi to alabama on monday. got call today but out of warranty. i asked about a discount deal on fixing and was told they do not repair them. they will replace it free if made within last 2 yrs. if made over 2 yrs ago you must have bought it within last 12 mo.

here is my reason i have no warranty. i bought a really nice 96 stratos fish and ski with a 96 175 evinrude intruder. from owner on st johns river in n fla.boat was advertised that had ignition issues and comes with new parts to fix. bought boat towed it back. oped parts box that was in boat and found new in box cdi stator. also new in box cdi powerpack, and new omc opti sensor. installed all three parts and ended up no spark on port side. it has shift interupter but that kills the other side if shorted. after reading up on it and rechecking my work and finding nothing. i removed cdi powerpack and and tried original and that fixed problem. ran boat sunday and all went well. so on monday i looked in cdi box and there was a return form. i filled it and sent back thinking cdi would repair it and i would have a spare one. the rep that called said it was dead on port side but no warr because it was made in 2008. i am thinking it was on some retailers shelf for a long time because the boat does not look as if it has been sitting very long. gas did not smell old and i hooked cable to battery and did not even need to be charged.

bottom line is it looked new and was in original box. cdi said they tested and it is defective and i think cdi should have at least cut me some kind of deal. and no i will not bother the seller that sold me the boat i got a great deal. just seen you asking about cdi and my issue was with them today.