Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confused about 300XS break-in and Smarftcraft codes that might be associated with it.

Two new owners to 300XS engines. One is at 3.2 hours and one is at 5.2 hours.

Both equipped with Livorsi Smartcraft. Both show "W F" on gauges (warning/fault) with no audible alarms. "Guard/CkEng" also displayed when toggling through readouts.

We're getting mixed answers. One answer was "10 hours and the Guardian and fault codes will clear when the computer is done with break-in mode." Another was "After 5 hours, it will go off".

I've also read that double (or extra) oil is injected until 10 hours of run time, too. Engine cowling only references four hours of break-in time the owner needs to be aware of.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The warning indicator will go out after 10hrs regarding breakin mode. You cannot clear the alarm it will clear itself. You will use extra oil also. If you have no other fault codes just keep running it.

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew. With temps pushing 75-80 all weekend, maybe I can crack the 10 hour mark soon! Thanks, DR.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wild Man , Randy here on the board gets them to come out of breakin a little quicker . Somehow they seem to break in quicker under more load . He puts tall pitched props on them and goes out and rides around the lake to an afternoon . I beleive he said 5 to 6 hours this way . on the smaller lightweight rigs it seems to take longer .

Rich Martin 018
    HAVE BATTERIES , WILL TRAVEL !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last motor we just sold and broke in showed 120 minutes of breakin on the gauge when first started. The motor needs to be between 4500 and 5500 for the duration of the breakin. Merc smart craft will display minutes remaining when first started and will flash the check engine symbol until breakin is complete. Never used any of the Livorsi stuff so not really sureDo you have a buddy with a DDT or CDs ? Have them check the run history and breakin remaining.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Code cleared at 5.2 hours (No more 'Warning/Fault' or 'Gaurd/chk eng') I've heard others that have taken upwards of 7 hours to clear.

I ran it hard. It loves RPM; that's for sure.