Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.5 build help

hey guys i have been asked to build a 2.5,
    i am unsure were to start due to the amount of work done to it.
    as you will see in the pics it has a carbies fitted with custom spacers made from a cut down reed plate and 17cc heads,
    the owners said that he bought the long block from the states from a drag racer about 5 or 6 years ago, he can not recall his name and wants us to build it for him, we are willing to have a crack but we would like to know what some of you guys think of it first before we start to invest time an money into building and setting it up,
    it will also not be run on a drag boat it will be rigged on a tunnel boat to race on a circuit.

i will get some more pics tomorrow of inside the crankcase .
    cheers
    wfmarine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exhaust Port work looks OK but the front half is an EFI unit and not what should be on a carbed motor but can be made to work. The carb spacers look to be pieces of an intake cut off and put on the actual existing intake which is a kind of junked up mess but might be usable but I wouldn't recommend it. A real spacer would be best. The engine has had stuffing blocks installed in the bottom of the cylinders but are only half of a set and missing a bolt? The bottom of the cylinders appear to be cracked and need repairing if they are indeed cracked. 17 CC heads are a little much! I'd recommend 24-26 cc heads or you certainly have problems with blown gaskets and such sooner or later. 18's were originally used on a 2.0 Champ engine. You have some pieces that can be built but need some changing out and repairs before you can begin to assemble anything.
    Last edited by Eagle One; 04-18-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    www.eagleoneperformance.com