Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

[pics] Memories of an awesome time

2004 Miami Boat Show - the introduction of Mercury's "Project X" (Verado) was the event of the year. I remember that Mercury's floor section attracted the entire show, leaving all other floor sections empty. I remember the Yamaha people literally climbing over eachother once the supercharged engine was unveiled. I could see them speaking Japanese, taking notes frantically, and perspiring. That was just an incredible moment - you had to be there to truly know what it was like that day. To me, this was the pinnacle of all the shows - before the economy was destroyed things changed ever since.

Seconds before the unveiling - almost everybody you see below is from the world's top press. I could distinguish many different languages being spoken. Note the cool shark model hanging from the ceiling. I want that.

For some unknown reason, the guy with brown clothes was shooting photos of me instead of the engine. That made me a bit uneasy.

This was the Yamaha section during their press event which was at the same time as the Mercury event (not surprisingly). Nobody was there, and they had a video running on a large flatscreen monitor. The Yamaha reps were just sitting there chatting since nobody was there to mingle with. The fellow looking at me in the background is one of the guys that came over to the Mercury unveiling - he was with a few others and they did not look happy at all; almost as if they were in serious trouble and they knew it.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    For some unknown reason, the guy with brown clothes was shooting photos of me instead of the engine. That made me a bit uneasy.

Never trust a person wearing black socks with shorts..... I think I was in Yammer school when all that went down, Mercury failed on the motor dumping lawsuit they accused Yammy over, all was glee, then the Verado was unveiled and things were kinda quiet the other two days. You should have taked the op to make off with one of those little 2 stroke yammers at that time lol..