Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bass Boat Flats Boat Prop

I have tried about every style of prop that I have heard about in the last year. I want to find a prop that will give me the best of most worlds on my boat. If you have a bass boat or flats boat with natural bow lift and a pad bottom you may want to try and wet test a Power Tech RKR 3 blade and a TXP 3 blade . On my Maverick 18 HPX /F-150 combo these raker style props really work well. My new #1 go to prop is a RKR 3 blade that Steve from Steves Custom Prop shop fine tuned to my needs. If you can find one of these props to test it may be well worth your time. My #2 blade is the TXP 3 blade . Both of these props have a long style hub tube which helps raise the hull and lots of rake which holds the bow . Hope this information helps anyone with this type of boat huntimg for a prop. Joe R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve told me about that prop, but I haven't see a pic of it yet. My boat didn't like the 4 blade TXP, it drove very nice, but it was not fast. I have 2 raker 2's right now, a 24 and a brand new 22 I figured would be good for skiers. On my old motor, the best all around prop I ran was a Fury 24p, it was everything Merc said it was. I have 1 funky merc 4 blade that is faster then the fury, but I don't like to run it as a fishing prop, unless I am making a long run in a lake I know well. I also have a Tr04 25p I really like for long runs too. Hoping my new powerhead is going to turn it with a load. I was always right on the edge of really being able to turn a 24, but not able to really turn a 25.

The Raker 2 24 ventilates alot once the boat comes over, I don't really mind it, I think it helps accelerate. If the 22 does it, then I will probably have to have the holes welded closed or convert it to PVS plugs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lockjaw, If you get a chance to try one you need to . The RKR came with adj merc type vent holes, and if it needs some fine tunibg to do what you want E mail Steve. Steve dialed mine in to do everything that I wanted . When a prop drives nice but isn't fast like what you said your 4 blade TXP is. Than it may not be giving you as much lift as your combo likes to go fast. Talk to Steve about what your TXP does and doesnt do well . He may be able to get you the lift your boat likes to make the speed that you are looking for. If anyone close to you has a RKR 3 blade and will let you give it a wet test go for it. It may be just what the Dr. ordered . Joe R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TXP is long gone. My boat is kind of weird. No raker has ever hooked up good on it. When it planes over, they let go. Raker copies do to. Tempest, ventilate. A fury doesn't. My TR04 doesn't.

One of the best running props I had was a 24p tempest Fast-J worked over for me. It still slipped some, and needed pretty small plugs in the pvs but it would run.

Steve suggested a rkr a while back when I was chatting with him about props for my boat. I like powertech props, they are light, as is my fury. The new raker 2's are light too.

The best runner on my boat was the fury. The downside is the alloy is hard, so if you hit something, chances are, you are going to bend a propshaft. I will have Steve clean up my raker 2 24 once I get this motor up and running and see what it likes and doesn't like.

It doesn't like a renegade either.