Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron V View Post
    I guess I could add a 23" Trophy Plus as my "second" favorite. Why? Pulls 6 skiers up from a deepwater start, and can turn right around and still run 63 mph on the rev limiter. Excellent punch too.

6 deep water skiers with a 150? Gonna have to call it how it is.

Last edited by transomsaver; 01-05-2012 at 09:12 PM.

2. Likes Vzsuper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best setup on bass and wallaye boats *** Trophy*** propellers.. since 1994... JP
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transomsaver View Post
    6 deep water skiers with a 150? Gonna have to call it how it is.

6 kids with 2 ski's

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

5. Likes Vzsuper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats OK transomsaver we wont hold ya to it. But its pretty hard to pull one over this crowd. BTW Wecome to S&F. Just be carfull when ya make bold statments ya better have a video to back it up. Ive seen inboards pull up quite a few guys but not to many outboards would do it if any?

Seems like a lot guys have had good luck with DAH,s work with SRX. I also had a 30 Chopper they thinned and cut nice for an Allison. i had a blade crack but it was really great for a 30 pitch while it lasted. I used that prop as an every day prop. Probably not a good idea as it was so thin and blueprinted. OOOPS

Thats the nice thing about trophys. I call them diposable props because they are so cheep yet work so good. To replace the DAH worked prop thats another story. I think the work they did cost as much as a trophy or close. Those 26 Off Shores from an RE are hot also. If ya like the 25 trophy youll love a 26 OS. Thats really one of the only props ive had that compare in the hole shot and midrange area of my beat up 25 Trophy. I have a soft spot in my heart for Performances 28 Drag 4,s also.
    Last edited by whipper; 01-07-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    28 merc cleaver worked by Rich Junker. Very stable and smooth prop. Makes my boat feel nimble at mid to high speed. Not the best hole shot, but for running an old inline 6 I cannot expect that and be able to run 75 at the same time.

Conrad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 75b.jpg  
    L6fan57-88

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Thats OK transomsaver we wont hold ya to it. But its pretty hard to pull one over this crowd. BTW Wecome to S&F. Just be carfull when ya make bold statments ya better have a video to back it up. Ive seen inboards pull up quite a few guys but not to many outboards would do it if any?

I wasnt the one making the claim.I was the one calling BS on 6 deep water skiers being pulled up with 150 and a 23p trophy.
    Last edited by transomsaver; 01-07-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another trophy guy here. '95 xb 2003, 225 promax.

The 26 trophy that came with my boat didn't work as well after I tried to take off in 2' of water...oops...so I sent it to DAH and it's my favorite all around prop, really carries the boat well.

My old 25 trophy I've had for years is always a go to prop, all conditions, especially when there's stuff floating!

I have a 23 trophy that was a CL buy that is worked by Croxton. I'm not sure what was done to it, but it also falls under the "frightening" in the bow lift department. With 2 people and normal load I can point the bow to the moon at 40mph! Talk about bite!

Are there faster props? Yes. Are there props with better holeshot? Yes. Are there props with this kind of all around performance for the price? Not that I've found.
    1995 Allison XB-2003, 225 Promax
    2002 Trans Am, pulls the boat fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasnt the one making the claim.I was the one calling BS on 6 deep water skiers being pulled up with 150 and a 23p trophy.

You're right, it was total B.S. It was 5 skiers and one wakeboarder. Even harder since the board just plows and the guy on it was 200+.

Here ya go, goofnuts:

http://youtu.be/abr-R9W8mbA

The whole "Busch beer ski team" is an inside joke.

I pulled 4 up with a 25" Trophy and the motor just kind of grunted and then pulled them out.
    Last edited by Ron V; 01-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Ron V

11. Thanks Vzsuper thanked for this post
    Likes Vzsuper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strong View Post
    6 kids with 2 ski's Dave
    6 adults. 4 men and two women. 5 of them on 2 skis each, and one on a wakeboard. Total weight of skiers, equipment, and ropes ~1000 lbs. Let's just say that I REALLY like that Rapid Jack with the extra 4 degrees of tuck that Chuck Goodman made.
    Last edited by Ron V; 01-08-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    Ron V

13. Likes Vzsuper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive. Is your experience that it's harder to pull a wakeboarder out? The only guy I tow on both a board and skis must weigh 260 if he's an ounce. He pulls out faster on a board than on 2 skis. He did buy a board that was supposed to be easy to pull out on, according to the sales guy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the board adds a lot of resistance because you have a large area being pushed perpendicular to the water surface. It doesn't really have much, if any, more surface area than a pair of skis, though boards seem to plane at a lower speed if you can once get enough of a surge to pop them up. We did this same 6-person pull again this past summer and I was next to the wakeboard, and it is just a massive wall of water at takeoff. I almost drowned from his spray by the time we got up to about 15 mph. I think the board may come up quicker if you're just pulling the board, but when you have a bunch of people behind the boat, it has a hard time getting the initial oomph and then the board holds everyone back because it can't get on top due to the positioning.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Turbo TXP Ot4 25 pitch. It pushes my boat as fast as the 26 tempest plus. I want to try one of Mark Croxtons Razor 4. . The four blade keeps the stern lifted out of the water with that heavy motor I have. I think I may be able to go up one pitch but not real sure. Any way this is on a bass rig

Keith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops I see that. Foot in mouth x2 for me! Looks like he got us though with that darn video!! If I didnt see it i wouldnt have believed it either. Good going Ron and a record!!! Most impressive I guess I was a goofnut . I think it is because with my 225 pM on my GS I have a hard time with one skiier with a 25. Going to have to pitch down to a 23 and feel the differnace. Awsome video!!!
    Last edited by whipper; 01-11-2012 at 02:19 AM.

18. Likes Vzsuper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30" Hoss round ear....had it on a vector with a 2.4 bridgeport, loved the hole shot and would carry the hull like nothing else. Great prop!!
    Sold the Skater, missing it everyday

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Oops I see that. Foot in mouth x2 for me! Looks like he got us though with that darn video!! If I didnt see it i wouldnt have believed it either. Good going Ron and a record!!! Most impressive I guess I was a goofnut . I think it is because with my 225 pM on my GS I have a hard time with one skiier with a 25. Going to have to pitch down to a 23 and feel the differnace. Awsome video!!!
    Don't worry, you aren't a goofnut. That title is reserved for the pot-stirrer with 9 posts who basically calls a 12 year board member a liar. One thing I don't do is B.S.

The 225 ProMax is probably more of a top end screamer and the XR6 is a workhorse. I think Allisons tend to do more of a wheelstand out of the hole too and that translates to less forward motion. I'd maybe try something like a 21" and see where it gets you. I'd also talk to Barefoot Bob because I think he barefoots with a GS and a 280.
    Ron V

21. Likes Vzsuper liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast