Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I could add a 23" Trophy Plus as my "second" favorite. Why? Pulls 6 skiers up from a deepwater start, and can turn right around and still run 63 mph on the rev limiter. Excellent punch too.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30" ET, 3 blade
    stv euro, ski bottom, 260,

just a tiny bit of bow lift, first time i ran it, a dozen or so props went into retirement on my shelves.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

favorite prop

for me hands down its HOSS. ALLISON BOATS AND HOSS PROPS. for me they go together like peas and carrots
    24-Skater "substitute found"

4. Likes Vzsuper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turbo Fusion4 by Precision Propeller.
    1974 Donzi 16 OB
    2000 Promax 225 -- 2005 2.5 280 SS

This prop makes handling the heavy water of New York Harbor a breeze and will still touch 80 with a planted transom under perfect conditions when I have the onions on the Sound.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1974Donzi16Baby.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trophy plus for me.Ive run them on almost every boat ive owned and its always neer the top on performing.Rite or wrong ive always thought the smaller diameter of 13 3/4" allowed you to spin a bit higher pitch then you would with the 14 1/2" prop.Mark Croxton works magic on the trohys.I know some will say they sling blades ,however ive probably had 8 of them over the years and never had a issue.I used to spin trophys well over 7k on our Allison a daily basis.Not saying there isnt faster props by a long shot,im just saying thats the prop Id run almost every day out.Still running trophys on or Velocity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg, Ive heart never tried good things about those Turbos also. Its nice to heart about props that arnt the {Norm} like Merc,Hydromotive,Hoss,Mazco, ect... Some of those boutique props shops{ones not so common} turn out some mighty fine wheels the TXP comes to mind also.

Jas638 yep those Hoss props on Allison's have been a great combo for many an Allison owner!! Ill always remember what Skydog said in his A Owners profile. "There will be no other prop but a Hoss Triton on my GS". He was also part of that group of only a handfull of you guys running 103-106 in a GS. One day I want to be part of that group also! Prop choice is pretty cridical along with setup over 100 ill bet in our Hulls.

Keep them comming. No boat to big to small to fast or slow hear. Its just for information. Great so far. Ill shut up now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried chopper's, tempest plus, laser 2's and the infamous trophy plus and the trophy plus comes out the winner--it's the best all round prop for me. It hurls the boat on plane with confidence and handles the Chesapeake chop with poise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whipper, funny you mention the TXP as I have always wanted to try that one. The one other thing about the Turbo Fusion4 is it is one beefy prop that seems to be very well constructed. Gives me piece of mind along with the great handling. For the record, on my Donzi, Lee Sanderson found a stock Bravo One 28 to be the absolute fastest but the Fusion4 to handle better overall. I have many hours with the Fusion4 but have not run a Bravo 1 myself yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    28p Lightning ET, labbed. On a light V-King with either a 2.5 or a 3.0 merc. ET prop is easily the best all round prop for me. Great handling, top end, no torque at the wheel and planes quick too. Coned lwp lower, even with the bottom. Turns 6500rs in the 80s

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    I like the trophy's also. I have a trusted 25 that came with the GS. Brian and i tryed quite a few props on lake Murry in SC when I was buying the boat. The 25 trophy seem to be an all round good pitch and midrange prop for the GS with a 225. I still use that prop extensively. Have you ever tryed a Modified trophy waterwings? I did once it was a 27 Ali cut from Jeff RacerX. wasn't anything to write about in hole shot but from mid range to top end it felt like I hit a nitrous switch!! I love how responsive the OS cut in the smaller pitches now. But I always reach for that 25 trophy now and then{old Faithfull} when water conditions are less than perfect.

I see, not that I have broken the "Trophy Ice", that a few more Trophy lovers come out....

One thing I can say, its not a drag prop for sure.....but midrange to top end is really good on my Quartershot, (for how I run / play).....and it always shows more speed than my 10% slip prop chart says it should......

It acts like a smaller prop down low, and like a bigger prop in midrange and top end.....and VERY low slip.

Never tried a modified Trophy....but I hear they are the tits.....

I have never slung a blade, but I did find a crack in one....and Mercury gave me a Brand new prop....no problems since.

They don't bend easy either....
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fastest prop has been my 29" DAH SRX.
    Its not my favorite prop,Way to doggy out of the hole. I have had a Trophy plus but it just couldnt hang with the Raker on the top end. As many props as i have had on my boats the Raker always makes my boat a bit loose on the top end. i love the feel of it.i bought a 24" Raker for heavy loads with skiers. I know my boat couldnt break 80MPH with the 24" but it felt great and loose on the last run of the year, ear to ear grin.
    I would like to try a 27" Bravo XS, maybe this summer???
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Greg, Ive heart never tried good things about those Turbos also. Its nice to heart about props that arnt the {Norm} like Merc,Hydromotive,Hoss,Mazco, ect... Some of those boutique props shops{ones not so common} turn out some mighty fine wheels the TXP comes to mind also.Jas638 yep those Hoss props on Allison's have been a great combo for many an Allison owner!! Ill always remember what Skydog said in his A Owners profile. "There will be no other prop but a Hoss Triton on my GS". He was also part of that group of only a handfull of you guys running 103-106 in a GS. One day I want to be part of that group also! Prop choice is pretty cridical along with setup over 100 ill bet in our Hulls. Keep them comming. No boat to big to small to fast or slow hear. Its just for information. Great so far. Ill shut up now.
    I have for sale from Precision a Turbo 2+2 25 pitch like new no dings..EOT-14325-R4.http://www.boatownersworld.com/Props...us2_4blade.htm.
    Last edited by JP Love; 01-05-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WATERWINGS View Post
    One thing I can say, its not a drag prop for sure.....but midrange to top end is really good on my Quartershot, (for how I run / play).....and it always shows more speed than my 10% slip prop chart says it should......

It acts like a smaller prop down low, and like a bigger prop in midrange and top end.....and VERY low slip.

Never tried a modified Trophy....but I hear they are the tits.....
    I had a worked 25" that was frightening in the bow lift department. Everything else you said I agree with too, but I don't care for the handling on top end. Torque tends to be to the left instead of to the right and the boat always feels like something unexpected is going to happen when going over boat wakes if I'm trimmed out. But my 26" has almost as much mid range punch as my 23". They just plain grab and go. I've found the same thing with the slip numbers too. I can turn my 27" SRX @ 5900, and have yet to get the 26" Trophy Plus to an honest 5600. Brick wall at 5575 or so.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron V View Post
    I guess I could add a 23" Trophy Plus as my "second" favorite. Why? Pulls 6 skiers up from a deepwater start, and can turn right around and still run 63 mph on the rev limiter. Excellent punch too.
    Yep..I'm with you on the Trophy. I have a stock 25 Trophy Plus that is my second "favorite" prop. Runs within a few MPH of my DAH SRX, and will still pull a wakeboarder up with a boat load of people...and has awesome bow lift, even at medium cruising speeds!
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a big fan of the Trophy Plus props. I've had them on several diferent hulls and they've always performed well. I now have the Allison GSE and am looking forward to trying out a Hydromotive.
    Drive it like you stole it!

1991 Allison GSE 1998 225 ProMax

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast