Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mercury ride guide power steering......any ideas??

i have found for sale localy what is advertised as "ride guide power steering system", best i can see it somehow ties into my existing system. i have no idea how this thing works, but i am very intruiged by it, does anybody have any experience with this unit or know how it is suppossed to work? i want to keep the ride guide on my hydrostream but the idea of some power steering would be sweet. anybody know if it would even work with my application..

hydrostream valero with xr2 2.0 liter merc present steering is rideguide and has two cables running down the side. has the oldschool fake wood steering wheel on the original helm all in great shape. was looking at going with seaster but i would loose my sweet original steering wheel.

here is all the info that i have

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ236839074

part # 17443A10

found some diagrams online but thats about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nobody has ever seen one of these??? cammon!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdelorme View Post
    nobody has ever seen one of these??? cammon!!!
    I have one for sale on eBay item number 300701635046 at http://www.ebay.com/itm/300701635046...84.m1555.l2649.

I had it removed because it leaked and I couldn't find some NLA parts. I finally found them in Canada, but too late. The system connects to your existing cable steering. When the motor starts to move via cable input, an actuator engages the power steering pump and pushes a hydrualic ram. You don't have to pull the engine to add a new steering ram so it saves some time. When mine was 100% on a Merc 200, it worked like steering in a Cadillac- turn with one finger from lock to lock. If you are courageous, you can get mine working again. However, I am selling it for parts.

The guy on Kiji is nuts to think he is going to get $900 for a 15 year old used power steering kit.