Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At nearly $60.00 a gallon for xd-100 I switched right away to the Pennzoil full synthetic oil and I am completely satisfied with the results. No smoke , plugs burn extremely clean basically no issues. I would not run any motor at the xd-100 recommended ratio of 25:1 no matter what oil is used. The oil store.com ships right to your door three gallons full synthetic Pennzoil with shipping is right around $90.00 . I use this oil in everything including chain saws that turn 13k plus rpm's . I was also told that e-tec h.o. motors can not be programed to run 25:1 but I do not know if this is fact or not. What ever you do run a name brand oil xd100, amsoil, alyson , or the Pennzoil I personally would not run anything but these oils.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with Penn Synthetic is it smokes and doesn't burn near as clean as XD100. My carb motor smokes no matter what. My bet is you will still have to decarb on the penn, you will never have to decarb on XD100.

If you want to scoff at XD100, fine, but to nay say it without trying it is just plain dumb. Go try it first, then complain. If you don't like the price at your dealer, look online, you can find it cheaper. My bet is if you try it, you will find out what those of us who have tried it and said about it is true. I do not believe there is a better 2 stroke oil out there then XD100.

And yes it will make your 2 stroke lawn tools sing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.duskyonline.com/xd100-cas...nrude-oil.html

Here you go, 96 bucks for 3 gallons plus shipping. I made it easy for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ratio of xd100 would you say for a 260 that is using 32:1 right now????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't even begin to guess at that. I run vro on my motor, and was turning it pretty much 6k solo, 5800 loaded, and 5600 with a tourney load. I'd check with Jay Smith or some of the merc guys, I know Jay doesn't endorse full synthetic on some of the merc engines, and I am to OMC to know. Sorry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not knocking the xd-100 just find the Pennzoil works extremely well and have no reason to change. I did use the xd-100 just wasn't impressed. Even gave two gallons to a friend. I even used the xd 100 in an old 1973 135 strangler Evinrude and it smoked way more than any Pennzoil product that I use regularly. I am sure it is a fine oil but I do find the Pennzoil to run extremely well and I would pay $60.00 for it because I believe in it. The 96 dollar price for the xd 100 is very good for someone who wants to use it. Basically use what you feel comfortable with and as I stated before I would use it as a second choice. I stated I would only use a name brand oil not that I would not use the xd. As far as decarboning a pennzoil run motor I do not think that will be necessary. My old 135 actually increased in compression after running Pennzoil through it for a full season. This to me speaks wonders and seems to me that it is cleaning up old carbon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockjaw View Post
    I wouldn't even begin to guess at that. I run vro on my motor, and was turning it pretty much 6k solo, 5800 loaded, and 5600 with a tourney load. I'd check with Jay Smith or some of the merc guys, I know Jay doesn't endorse full synthetic on some of the merc engines, and I am to OMC to know. Sorry.
    XD isnt full synthetic.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Lots of past boats - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jr. View Post
    XD isnt full synthetic.
    XD100 is also no TCW3 oil for use in "non direct injected" outboards.

it's a DI oil only.

XD50 would be the TCW3 oil which also can be used in any other 2-stroke outboard.
    kindly Regards,
    Ferdi

my site

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VELOCITY 3.6GT View Post
    I am not knocking the xd-100 just find the Pennzoil works extremely well and have no reason to change. I did use the xd-100 just wasn't impressed. Even gave two gallons to a friend. I even used the xd 100 in an old 1973 135 strangler Evinrude and it smoked way more than any Pennzoil product that I use regularly. I am sure it is a fine oil but I do find the Pennzoil to run extremely well and I would pay $60.00 for it because I believe in it. The 96 dollar price for the xd 100 is very good for someone who wants to use it. Basically use what you feel comfortable with and as I stated before I would use it as a second choice. I stated I would only use a name brand oil not that I would not use the xd. As far as decarboning a pennzoil run motor I do not think that will be necessary. My old 135 actually increased in compression after running Pennzoil through it for a full season. This to me speaks wonders and seems to me that it is cleaning up old carbon.
    Ok so what happens when you decarb an engine? It smokes like crap right? Perhaps you didn't run it long enough for it to clear your motor out. It doesn't smoke much in my motor, far less then Penn synthetic, and it burns way cleaner. I'd run XD50 before I ran Penn. Just don't like it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want to comment in an oil thread about as much as I want to slam my **** in a door, but does anyone know what the purple johnson/evinrude oil they sell at walmart is? Is it XD50? and is XD50 comparable to the old OMC oil?

I bought some last week in a pinch, but if its some garbage they package and sell specifically for walmart I'm not going to buy any more of it.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall right, XD100 is goldish, XD50 is bluish, and XD30 is reddish/maroonish....Although my memory may be foggy since my 225HO burns less than a gallon a year lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My etec on the t-1 is on xd100 and i decided to try it. It is goldish and it STINKS but it seems to run with zero smoke compared to penzoil and it barley uses any of it.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post

does anyone know what the purple johnson/evinrude oil they sell at walmart is? Is it XD50? and is XD50 comparable to the old OMC oil?

What does it say on the container ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seahorse View Post
    What does it say on the container ?
    It only says Johnson/Evinrude TCW3. If it said XD50 on the package I wouldn't have asked the question.

They also sell it on their website. It's $25 a gallon.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it just says Johnson/Evinrude and the TC-W3 logo it may be the regular XD-30 oil, a reddish color, or several year old stock from the XD-25 days.

Does it say OMC or BRP anywhere on the container? If it only says OMC, then it is 10 years old or more.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast