Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the education guys I did not realize how complictaed the software was for these motors. Hope the dealer knows how to fix em.. if they break. Keeping my fingers crossed no problems as of yet..... except for the motor will not fog itself down or atleast turn itself off as it is supposed too. All in all no real complaints.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about winterization mode,It says to lift warm up lever to 50% then start outboard all 4 sys check lights should come on and motor should idle for about 15 sec once sys check lights all go out put down warm up lever and lights should light again,wait for them to go out again then put warmup lever full open when you see all the lights flashing the motor will automaticly revup and start blowing smoke for about a min then shut off on its own.( its kinda goofy trying to do this but i think the trick is waiting 15 seconds between moving the warmup lever and watching the lights) I guess if you screw up while doing this you have to shut off and restart the motor to reset the thing. I never winterize my motor her in florida just add some extra stabilizer never had a problem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only problem ive ever seen letting these motors sit is locked up electric fuel pump,every thing elce is sealed .
    it got to sit for years to do this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winterization

Quote Originally Posted by elite service View Post
    Are you talking about winterization mode,It says to lift warm up lever to 50% then start outboard all 4 sys check lights should come on and motor should idle for about 15 sec once sys check lights all go out put down warm up lever and lights should light again,wait for them to go out again then put warmup lever full open when you see all the lights flashing the motor will automaticly revup and start blowing smoke for about a min then shut off on its own.( its kinda goofy trying to do this but i think the trick is waiting 15 seconds between moving the warmup lever and watching the lights) I guess if you screw up while doing this you have to shut off and restart the motor to reset the thing. I never winterize my motor her in florida just add some extra stabilizer never had a problem
    Thanks for the reply. I tried this and it does everything as it says but does not turn off. I even bought the dealers manual to see if there was a different way to fog it. I am wondering if it is because i am using Pennzoil full synthetic instead of the Evinrude stuff. I have been pulling plugs at the end of the season and squirting fogging oil down the cylinders for 3 years now. Knock on wood starts and runs good every time. Thanks again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3