Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner 225 Mag EFI Upgrade

Hey guys, I know some info is in other forums but I have something that goes with it. I tagged a rock this fall and trashed my prop and lower unit. I have a new low water pickup LU on and I need to either get my prop fixed or get a new one. But before I do that I want to see if I can do some mods to my motor. Reading some of the other posts some of the simplest mods are to upgrade to a 4 Shutter Intake and the Cowl mod. Is this correct? I am thinking if I can do the ntake mod I may want to go up a pitch right? Should I be running a 3 or 4 blade? Someone I know mentioned something about a different flywheel, but I can not find any info on a replacement besides OEM for my motor.

I am running a 21ft Fisher Bass Boat (close to a pro-craft/cobra hull) 8" manual jackplate with the above named motor. Running a 25P Tempest Plus at 6200 RPM WOT I am getting low low 60's with all gear and 2 guys.

I do not have a bunch of money to blow but would like to do what I can. So if anyone knows of any used parts I can use to upgrade my motor I would appreciate it!

Thanks guys!

Jess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a mariner guy (not sure that there is a difference between your motor and the merc??) but think the below thread is what you are looking for for ideas regarding the power upgrade. 4 butterfly intake plus both computers and shaved heads to get to where you want to be. Just keep looking around - the parts pop up from time to time. Proping - 3 blade or 4 blade and what pitch is a whole different story. It really depends on what you want out of your boat - faster on plane, higher top end, better mid range fuel economy, more bow lift, more stern lift, etc. The best advice I think you can get is from someone that has a similar hull with similar horsepower and needs/wants. I would focus on the upgrades and once they seem to be coming together post a thread identifying your hull and HP in the title. Good luck!

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?238646-turning-a-225-3l-efi-to-a-300-promax