Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tahiti Jet Boat HELP ?

I bought boat as a winter project, that i got for a great deal. From my knowledge, it is a Tahiti jet boat that has an Olds 455 BB with a Berkeley 12JC jet drive pump. Not pictured the boat came with the compete top end of the motor (two Holley 750 carbs attached to an offenhouser high rise intake and manifold, set of headers and compete interior). Of course the obvious is that this is a complete rebuild, i have already built a stand for the boat to sit level on(off the trailer) stripped the rotted 5/8 treated plywood out of the boat but did not find any stringers under the floor? the trailer has been completely restored and powder coated gloss black with white wheels and new fenders, the back cross member was redesigned to accompany a spare wheel. since these pictures where taken the motor and jet drive have been removed and the jet drive was sent off to be gone through and the motor to get a massive rebuild. Ok, not being a boat expert, the motor was attached to motor mounts that where attached to two boards that ran from the stern to just in front of the motor. The back part where the jet drive went through also had a 5/8 plywood covered by a thin layer of fiber glass. I plan to NEVER have to rebuild this boat to this extent again, should these be removed and redone with what material? I want to get the boat completely ready for the fiberglass-er ie so he can patch all the holes and i can put gauges and what not where i want them. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated as this being my first boat restoration and being in Indiana there is not many places to get knowledge about these types of boats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat 1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	243095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	243096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	243097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat4.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	243098

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy a good project. Here are some links of my boat resto pics. I took all the wood out of mine, and started fresh, no holes.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa202/Dirt_racing/

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/show...si=dirt+marine
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you have got quite a project on your hands. Yours is in about the same condition mine was in when I got mine. I ran a 454 BBC in mine for two years, then I got bored last winter and put an outboard on it. If you find out you need any jet pump parts let me know, Ive got a complete drive with place diverter.