Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any help old style casale new style

I have a 64 fleetcraft sbc v drive, The hull in pretty bad shape especially at the transom.
    I recently picked up a v drive boat but don’t have any idea what year or name. My plan is to change out parts to the better bt. Question? Both boats have casale gear bxs, Im not exactly sure on how to check gear ratio but the OLD CASALE type turns approx 1 time to 1 1/16 out The NEWER turn 1 to aprox 1, the OLD gear bx has about a quarter round of play is this normal this gear bx was with a 350 w/ 2 speed pwrglide. The other was direct drive, How would u go back with it. I have some pictures need a little direction. Also I'm new to this thread and post and tag thing so I'M GOING WITH A SBC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boat 006.jpg   5-3-08 026.jpg  
    Last edited by J B C; 08-15-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to pull the in/out portion off and look at the dogs and make sure there not worn or broke. A little play is normal. Which box you gonna use?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled all the parts off 64 so i know this configuration will work, the other boat came with most all the parts, minus mtr. It has a ford 460 bell housing and was direct drive.my plan was to go back with sbc 2 speed pwr glide. The casale gear bxs have diff ratios the old set up worked fine, but i do have a newer casale what do you think. Id have to get a 350 bell housing to direct drive whats the difference

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running a toploader casale with no in/out and a velvetdrive. If you don't need reverse I would just go with direct drive if your box has in/out. Bellhousings are cheap and easy to find.