Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250ho e-tec warning alarm.

hey guys, i have a evinrude 250ho e-tec, awesome brilliant motor and cops abuse nearly everyweekend. but in the last 2 trips that i have been out, i just get on the plane. start trimming and sit on around 5500rpm for about 5mins, then an alarm starts to constantly beep, not stopping just beeeeeeeeeeeeeep, and on my guages a low voltage warning, refer to manual signal pops up. motor still runs perfect and doesnt miss a beat. i have checked all terrminals in the boat and engine and went back out and same thing. voltage reading on guages is 12.22v. have i dropped a cell in the battery??? or is it more?? please guys let me know, also its on a australian build millenium 21ft ski boat with a 30p mazco re4.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    12.22V is low for an eTec. Do you use wing nuts on your battery or nuts? BRP recommends nuts and tight. Make sure all connections are clean. If you are still getting the alarm have the codes read on the computer - dealer (or someone with the EVDiag software).
    The eTecs I've seen with voltage related alarms (RCMP boats, Coast Guard & Federal Fisheries) all stemmed from wing nuts or not enuff CCA batteries. I lie, one of the twin engine RCMP rigs had been rigged factory with both engines running off the same battery and too small a wire gauge for the length.
    pointer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    voltage on that motor should be solid 14 with engine running check it with a volt meter, try another battery with tight connections like pointer said.If not have the charging system tested