Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing oil injection on 175 merc Sportjet

Hey everybody, I'm Justin and I'm new to the site. I just bought a 1998 Regal Rush 15' jetboat with the Merc 175 SportJet in it. Everything I keep reading is telling me to remove the oil injection and just pre-mix 50:1 since the oil pump gear fails. I've got some info on removing the pump and all, but I'm hoping someone could explain a little better or maybe point out a how-to thread on the subject. I'd like to remove the reservoirs and get rid of the low oil warning, but keep the over-heat warning. Some people have told me to buy the pre-mix blockoff kit, but others have told me I can re-use some of the oil pump parts and not need to buy anything. I've posted on a few other forums, but got very little info. I'm looking for all the info I can find on this boat/motor. Any help is greatly appreciated! Get me on the water without being paranoid of running with no oil!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm about 3/4 done with this project, but need some info on the oil module that trips the alarm. What does this thing look like? I'm told just to remove it and take the green wire off the coil. I've followed the wires from the rotational sensor and they end here, but I think they might come out the bottom as different colors. It's very tight in my compartment so I really don't wanna remove anything I don't have to. Any help or a how-to thread would be greatly appreciated.

Here's where the wires from the rotational sensor go in-

I'm thinking the black box underneath is the oil module?

Here's the motor