Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

outboard to jet boat conversion need help

alright i have a 14' v nose flatbottom outboard hull looks like a sanger. i have a small block about 550hp at 7800rpm and i have a berkeley jc pump and stock intake, i kind of have an idea on how to set it up to b most affective i will set stringers through hull about 2 1/2 feet past transom so i can brace pump and intake i would like to set pump all the way back to were the collar on the pump were the drive shaft is is flush to the transom and bell housing is about 6 inches in front of transom. now is this a good setup or with the short length of the boat is it not necessary to set the pump back the whole bout weighs about 250 300 #'s please the more feed back the better this is kind of new to me i am an outboard guy i know how to make an outboard boat **** and get all i know about the jet boats r what i have read on here and most of the post's r on longer boats with lift issues have not seen many short jet boats thanks guys will post pics of hull asap

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. outboard. Scream and fly is a great fourm for outboard performance guys, if you are wanting the same kind of responce from guys that bleed jet boats go to So Cal Jet Boats.. you will get a lot more responsive feed back on your project..
    Mind over matter, If you dont mind, It doesn't matter..

Velocity 280 Twin Yamaha 300 HPDI's
    1973 Tahiti 18 tiger - 501 BBF/ Jazzucci

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not set in stone on my idea

I would also like any opions on leaving it an outboard had problems with the boat nose diving boat was flexing causing a hook at the back of the boat should I stringer it glass the hook and run it it floated well with a 140HP johnson and 2 people any opions. Positive or negitive. Thanks guys have a happy 4th of July