Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone running a Fury on a boat like ours?

I know that it is a "bass boat prop", but I'm intrigued by it from the reports I've read. I don't run my motor very high compared to a lot of us - center of shaft is about 3" - 3.50" below the bottom, which is more in the range where a lot of bass boats run. It's also designed for 18'+ bass boats with 175+ horsepower. So I figure at 18'9" with 150 hp and being 600-800 lbs lighter, it would put me in the ballpark. My big questions are how do they hold up in a surfacing application (again, mine would break the surface but not as much as someone running even with the bottom); AND can anyone share experience on how they handle compared to a Chopper, Trophy, ET, etc. Thanks.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a 24 on my bassboat with a 150, and it did everything mercury claims in the commerical. Mine was a 1350 pound hull, about 18 feet long. I don't know where the 175hp thing comes from, my 150 spun it with ease.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, how much quicker did it plane,and how much faster was top end? Then say a 24 trophy plus was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an Allison owner with an XB21 Bassport Pro (2 seater) running a 250XS 1.62:1 gears and is experimenting with a Fury worked by Robbie Patterson in Virginia. He's quite pleased with the performance and especially the hole shot. I'm sure he is running close to even with the pad and in the 90's.

Should be a good prop for your set up since you mentioned you are at 3" below the pad. I'm told they run a bit taller than their counterpart Tempest Plus.
    2013 Allison XB 21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    Mercury ProMax 30P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ran one on my Gambler Stallion, lifted it like an elevator spun up decently as well, pitch was a 25...I liked it !
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting feedback...thanks. I spoke to THE prop guy at Mercury a couple weeks ago and his opinion was the my motor height actually ruled out the Fury because the Fury was meant to run lower. Nothing absolute in props I guess. Will be interesting to see what kind of setups guys start running them on after they've been out for a few years.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you just confused me. Didn't you say that you run your propshaft at 3" to 3.5" below pad?? That is what every bassboat on the planet runs with the exception of Bullets, Strokers, Allisons etc. that run even to above the pad. You are not surfacing the prop buried at 3.5" below pad.
    2013 Allison XB 21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    Mercury ProMax 30P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, about 3" below. I thought the same thing, but the guy said that's higher than the Fury was designed to run. That height was measured at level trim and I run a fair amount of positive trim. When the bow comes up, the shaft goes back down of course, but if you check it with a straight edge the prop would still be surfacing to some extent.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ran mine right at 2 inches below.........
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All thru hub props are made to run under the surface,the overhub's are made to run on the surface,if worked hard thruhub will work better near the surface but still not as good as overhub.there is a fine line between HP-weight-hull efficency to run a overhub prop.