Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low water pressure??

Could a weak or malfunctioning poppet valve cause low water pressure? I installed a Simon's poppet diverter along with some other mods (Titus lower, l/w flywheel, ecu reflash) and now I have low water pressure. Idle pressure seems normal at 3lbs. or so, but at higher rpms it only goes to 7-8 lbs. Put a new waterpump assy. in and even swiched it back to the old one incase the new one was bad. The old one only had about 5 hours or so. This is on a very low hour 225 sport xs (about 14 hours). I was just wondering if I damaged the spring on the valve during install. If a weak spring would cause too much water to leave the motor causing low pressure. The valve appears to be working..No water at idle and it opens when you rev it. The other thing is the poppet didn't fit the motor when I got it and I had to shape it quite a bit to get it to slide all the way in. Could some of the water be exiting the stock poppet outlet so it's got two different places to exit now and it's letting too much out = low pressure?? Thanks Dave.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my problem solved. Just wanted to let everyone know that it had nothing to do with any of Simons products. He is a stand up guy and his products are working as advertised. He also always took time to talk me through tech questions. Dave.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well what was it?