Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gfinch View Post
    kimswang I still have a MAD EFI system, well Dave has it. The what I found was MAD, is great for a drag boat, but only fair for a lake boat. There just isn't enough adjustment in it. It's 2D not 3D like the ViPec and other systems spoken about here.
    Interesting, very interesting. Thanks for the info. I will still run my V8's with carbs for the next couple of seasons but then replace all three engines (or rebuild). I have watched with keen interest the articles written about the FI aftermarket systems and not once have I found a real test on a V8. Not once a comparison to the new engines. Maybe the technology and interest just ain't there, but I would love to see a system developed and found functional for a OMC V8, running around 6K. There should be no problem to get 450-600 HP out of it with proper fuel delivery and electronic ignition. I love my old V8's but so does the gas station owner.....
    True Viking
    Scarab 34 SS with Triple OMC 4.0 V8's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimswang View Post
    Interesting, very interesting. Thanks for the info. I will still run my V8's with carbs for the next couple of seasons but then replace all three engines (or rebuild). I have watched with keen interest the articles written about the FI aftermarket systems and not once have I found a real test on a V8. Not once a comparison to the new engines. Maybe the technology and interest just ain't there, but I would love to see a system developed and found functional for a OMC V8, running around 6K. There should be no problem to get 450-600 HP out of it with proper fuel delivery and electronic ignition. I love my old V8's but so does the gas station owner.....
    Kimswang, I'm with you on this one. I have a Johnson 1990 V8 300hp which I plan to bracket mount on the stern of a Wellcraft Nova XL230. If I like the setup I then plan to purchase a second 300 V8 in the US and give it to Monty to recon/mod up to around 400hp. I would also like him to fit EFI to it then send it back to me in New Zealand.

Last I heard Tony Brucatto was about to release an EFI system specially for the V8. After reading the write up on his OMC V6 EFI I for one would like to wait for his gear. Has anyone heard how far away his system is??????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If for fuel only, are any of the systems simple enough to just take crank sense from the ignition system and the rest is a bolt on so all you need to do is the fuel map?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kimswang I still have a MAD EFI system, well Dave has it. The what I found was MAD, is great for a drag boat, but only fair for a lake boat. There just isn't enough adjustment in it. It's 2D not 3D like the ViPec and other systems spoken about here.
    that,s not entirly the case since you can play with load/fuel values to Rpm/fuel values you can make a 3D map
    http://home.tiscali.nl/ronniestoys/D...sdsrevised.xls
    as opposed to the indeed 2D setup as it is mostly used
    http://home.tiscali.nl/ronniestoys/Data/Mad3ltrsds.xls
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermafdruk-62.jpg   Schermafdruk-61.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you guys should email gordon, i know he was working on something
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Joe View Post

Last I heard Tony Brucatto was about to release an EFI system specially for the V8. After reading the write up on his OMC V6 EFI I for one would like to wait for his gear. Has anyone heard how far away his system is??????
    Tony told me he is not making any more kits. You might want to give him a call.

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second this since I own that engine.
    What does that sucker run like? It looks wicked as all get out on the video.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockjaw View Post
    What does that sucker run like? It looks wicked as all get out on the video.
    It runs good. I've got the trim working better now.

http://youtu.be/xuV5dBiTWdI
    Gary

I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3