Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tower of power stator question

Im in the process of putting a new powerhead on my 79 115 merc and my son removed the stator for the rebuild and now have no clue what position it needs to go back on.Is there a system or diagram anyplace? I also have a couple left over large size ground straps I have no clue where came from.We know they came from the powerhead removal from the motor as we removed the head then the extras in another shop.I also have a large wing nut looks like maybe a nut or bolt should have been in the middle left over.The lock mechanism is on the front cover so I know its not from there.Guess even with pics a few months of not working on it isnt a wise idea.Any help would be great,Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keebibear,
    The stator will have 4 marks where the old screws held it on, there will only be one logical place it will bolt back on where the stator wires will reach the switch boxes, if my memory is correct the wires will lay down the starb side behind the starter. As far as ground straps, make sure both switch boxes have a strap as well as the ignition plate, front and rear cowl support brackets and any other metal brackets.
    As far as the large wing nut, check your battery post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My stator has multiple holes on it and they all look as they has screws in them.I dont have it infront of me but maybe not the stock one.The wing nut i guess isnt a nut but a larger looking wing nut that has a round hole in the center that is large enough for a nut and socket to get to are?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is correct about the wires coming out at the starboard side probably about the 4 o' clock position if 12 oclock is the carbs. It will work whatever position you put it. It is just the wires might be too short.
    2005 APR FORMULA 2 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR