Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of new "used" boats for me.

I got a 1975 Sidewinder back in Feburary
    and have it in several pieces right now. Here is a link to the photobucket album. http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/x...er/New%20boat/

Just bought this last night for $350.00 off of craigslist. more pics http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/x...%20Jet%20Boat/
    Sure have my work cut out for me. I need more indoor space to work on these things.
    1975 Sidewinder LoPro SK
    455 Olds
    Berk pump
    Hawaiian open bow
    under heavy construction

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same boat as your new one but it was originally setup as an outboard.
    Here are some photos http://www.use.com/0c857ed54e2556bf09d4
    Mine is a 1988 model Glassline, built in California. There are about 6 or 7 boat manufacturers that have the identical boat hull made during that time period. They must have all splashed their hulls from Carrera or the like.

I have a 454 with a Bravo outdrive that I am considering installing into it.

I have also considered reworking the interior layout as seen in the last photo of my picture set so that the driver sits on a full width seat installed just in front of the engine cover and there is a much longer couch style open bow setup since the driving position would be moved back about 4-5 feet to the rear from the existing position.

But of coarse, I have about 3 other boat projects ahead of this one, so we shall see if it ever gets done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pics. I wonder if I can put the ski storage in the floor. I have to rebuilt it anyway.
    1975 Sidewinder LoPro SK
    455 Olds
    Berk pump
    Hawaiian open bow
    under heavy construction

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is room for ski storage in the floor but it is not very deep. It is only about 5 or 6 inches deep and about 14 inches usable width. You could always raise the floor to a higher level if you wanted more space.

With the redesign layout I came up with, there would be plenty of storage under each side bench seat in the open bow area. You would not need the floor ski locker. There would even be enough room down the walkway to put a 3 passenger hot dog tube. It would be a little cramped, but it beats dragging it on a rope back to the dock.