User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution141 View Post
    True dentguy. You could run new intake for compressor to boat as well. would take some playing around so you can just pull cowl off and put back on and know everything is lining up and sealed but it can be done. Dave have you noticed marked differences in power when intake temps are lower. I know an old trick was to stick a resistor in intake temp sensor to trick engine into thinking it was drawing colder air? I have noticed if i get on it before engine is at full temp (around 48deg C)i gain 2 mph for a short period of time so sounds like there is some method in the madness!
    Yes lower IAT makes power. Yes the engines rip when cold then they heat soak. we are working on cooling mods to be released soon.We can change air in our room 30 F. fooling the air temp sensor simply adds or subtracts fuel. this is an old school trick to fatten up a stock ecu but only a band aid. Proper mapping for all temps is the norm. we have a potentiometer wired in the air temp for simple quick adjustments to help for mapping. Like a lean rich knob on a 2.5. We then burn the proper map for the upgrade of an engine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suk35 View Post
    Any new updates?
    Long and short of it yes....a bunch. Both the xs and x from 3 liter to 3.6 liter. We are having a blast and are happy to boast zero issues.. we have run a 300xs with 91 pump fuel 20.6 hrs wfo at 350 hp, all good. We are testing true bolt on 30 hp kits to 60 hp true blueprint engines kits with forged pistons. We have finally had luck with tuners.We are building them now. We recently raced a 300xs with 350 prop shaft hp afor 3 hrs wfo. all looking good. I am so exited to show you all and it will be soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution141 View Post
    Anthony
    My name is Kurt Hamilton. I live in Townsville. I have always watched you guys in the outboard cat classes and cringed at the amount of spray hovering off the backs of your boats and being ingested by your motors. I cant help but think the moulded fibreglass shrowds (not sure of the correct terminology, sorry) would be a huge factor in your problem as they create a negative pressure zone at the front of the engines, pulling salty mist in to envelop the cowls. Have you tried removing them to see if this problem improves? I cant help but think DBR's different intakes would not cure your problem whilst those shrowds are there. Not to say you would have no water ingestion problems without them however i believe they are the major source of your issues.
    Love watching you guys when your here in townsville by the way.
    Might think so but it is more complicated than it looks. Problem is nothing new in years of outboard racing. This x is just an awkward design to meet some criteria. it is all fixable.There is an enormous amount of water that is discharged out of the mid section that we re direct and send down to the gearbox that helps cool the gear case . When water is re routed and a different tuner is used the whole water think almost goes away. There now is hardley any water to injest even by the stock cowl.

Better yet our new cowling is done and has proper ram like a 300x...You guys will love this cowl.Sealed rear. Same design as an x. Thanks Mike Nass. If you want to get ram air results without spending a for a cowl add a cheaper a vent and redo the water system and problem gone. Run the new cowl and leave the engine stock. Either way we have it pretty dialed in.

In the last 3 months ,like i said below, we have 20 hrs wfo testing this cowl water deal. We are up to speed and will announce parts soon. You don't have to look to far...The 300x is awesome in design. I will be drag racing a 300 x in the future although it will be more like a 500x (-_-).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=eagle670;2226701]Dave , any more news or pict to feed us with

For sure...coming soon. we are in final stages of a 344 tq 335 hp 300xs. This kicks the #$#% out of a stock x...we are pumped and it uses 4.5 gals per hr less, all bolt on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thycon View Post
    Dave
    I race a twin outboard offshore cat with 300xs s and have a huge problem with salt spray being sucked in. Can I run the carbon air intakes without changing the ECU. If so how much are they each
    Cheers
    Antony
    yes but it will be lean..run 91 with acces octain booster but it would be safer slightly fatten it up plus the like a little timming.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tzrider View Post
    Larry
    I had a long and very interesting conversation with Dave last week, turns out Dave and I have a similar past, a passion for two strokes and whole group of similar contacts and friends.. We both spent a lot of time in the AMA as motorcycle tuners. We even spent a few minutes talking outboards...
    During that conversation he explained that they have a brand new carbon vent ( intake) that is grafted to the front of the cowling where the mercury "M" is, it's designed to increase airflow as well as equalize pressure under the cowl. Hope this helps

Paul

Hi Paul...That was fun talking about the old ama days. Hey i thought we would let you know we ran the promax without the compressor(unhooked belt) supplying air shop compressed air for supply. 20 hp gain all all through the curve. The baddest race engines in the future will be conventional injection.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about if the compressor was way oversize and the injectors designed to cope with it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=dave bush;2248491]
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle670 View Post
    Dave , any more news or pict to feed us with

For sure...coming soon. we are in final stages of a 344 tq 335 hp 300xs. This kicks the #$#% out of a stock x...we are pumped and it uses 4.5 gals per hr less, all bolt on.
    Wow Mr Bush very impresive work!! And the motor your planning on racing 500XS Holy sheep shat.!! Sweet now I just need a bigger boat and bigger bank account. Comming soon. Maybe motor before boat. BTW any weight differances with any of these mods to the XS? I know Mikes Cowl should knock of some lbs what about any thing else? Also any plans on making a 15 or 16 incher work?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercury 500x

[QUOTE=whipper;2248504]
    Quote Originally Posted by dave bush View Post

Wow Mr Bush very impresive work!! And the motor your planning on racing 500XS Holy sheep shat.!! Sweet now I just need a bigger boat and bigger bank account. Comming soon. Maybe motor before boat. BTW any weight differances with any of these mods to the XS? I know Mikes Cowl should knock of some lbs what about any thing else? Also any plans on making a 15 or 16 incher work?
    Thanks but will see. We are yet to find all the xs limits, maybe some of the parts might end up out your way . The xs program is very strong and reliable so far.we will race ( or try to) a Big block merc...starting as a 300x. We are deep into this in both pump gas and full blown drag race versions. Yes they are short

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got two Mike Nass cowlings for my 300xs's. They are awesome! Outstanding job Mike Nass! Will post pics this weekend before and after when they are installed.
    The guy is first class!
    Dave keep up the good work talk to you soon!

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much do they cost ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to contact Dave Bush Racing. They are the sole distributor for them.

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon baby soon!!!!!!

Ok, I have purchased the phase one for my 21 bullet and it should be here today I hope and I will be running it this weekend in a tourney on the Big O this weekend I can't wait ( like a fat kid whith cake). I will post the results.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300XS Level 1 kit ? did you go for the "toaster" intake ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12" 3.?L is the same weight as a 15" 2.5.
    XR2001 & XB2002

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast