Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This eco boost f 150 seems super awesome. im currently in a 5.3 tahoe that gets 12 in the city and at 2100 rpm, 70 mph will barely squeek out 17 mpg on the interstate, which is nasty. I recently took my tahoe to a Ford dealership to get some service specifically so I could drive the eco boost and it was awesome as expected. I want one really bad. However I will never be towing 11000 pounds and saying that I also drove the 3.7 V6 ford offers, both trucks were 2wd crew cabs and i was impressed with the performance of that engine as well. It will be a toss up as to which motor I get. Im up to 130k in the tahoe and will be getting a new truck within the yr. It WILL be an f150 but not to sure if the extra cash for the eco boost is worth it for me. Im trying to be practical but dang i really want one of those eco boosts!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had mine for 3 weeks now, almost 5000K and this truck is already exceeding my expectations. I ordered a 3.5EC, 4x4 crew with 157”WB, 3.55 gear. First of all the truck is “stealth”…idles like a sheep and runs like wolf. It’s hard not to drive the stink out of this performer, but even with some occasional bursts I managed 20mpg avg (imp) on a recent 4000K trip…totally impressed. I was concerned that with the small tank (98L) that I would not get a long run on the truck. I was wrong as the truck will go over 800K on a tank. Makes me very happy. Of course the long term test will be the real test…but so far very happy and hoping to exceed 20mpg after some more break-in. Honestly if you have not driven-one…you need to…too understand the performance of this motor…it is a PERFORMER ...WOW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suspect the truck is very MPG sensitive to speed. My 2010 F150 FX4 will get 19 @ 65 MPG but drops off like a rock at faster speed.
    Bruster's Mercury solid motor mounts, details here:
    http://www.powercatboat.com/Bruster/Bruster.html
    I'm been living in fast forward, now I need to rewind real slow....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with you there Bruster. The 4Door 2WD 3.73geared Duramax will yield 19.5 MPG average from Lakeland to Suwannee going up 19 at or under 65 driving with an egg under foot. Put it in the wind at 75-80MPH interstate and I routinely see 17 MPG empty of course. Towing MPG drops like a stone but having the ponies and torque comes at a price. GM screwed the pooch again by not introducing a small turbo diesel in the 1/2 ton truck, then again, diesel has been more expensive than regular unleaded since I took delivery in 2006. Go figure. Ford has been setting the pace for years, GM is just following the path of least resistance, and I am a died in the wool GM fan. As for small cars, I would have to look at the VW TDI. Tremendous mileage perceived quality and get up and go that the American Hybrids seem to lack IMO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner View Post
    ...GM screwed the pooch again by not introducing a small turbo diesel in the 1/2 ton truck,.....
    And Ford dropped the ball by doing the same. You can thank Big Government for killing the 1/2 ton deisel truck with all the new regs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dslbrnr View Post
    I posted my Ecoboost for sale in this section today but will probably get deleted! I couldn't post in the classified section. Here is a link though
    It will get deleted becuase you are not a member nor is your post count high enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XSive View Post
    It will get deleted becuase you are not a member nor is your post count high enough.
    Ok well thanks for quoting it so atleast a few will see it.

Moderator comment: Probably not. Intentionally circumventing posting rules is not a particularly good strategy if you would like your access to the forums to continue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get 20 to 22 in my Silverado 5.3 SWB standard cab with an auto and 3.42's until ethanol gas became more prevalent. My Tundra 4.7 no VVT used to get 20ish on the highway, under the same circumstances. Now it gets about 16 in mixed driving, it gets about 14 towing if I use OD, which I am not supposed to, and about 18 on the highway. It has 3.91 gears, and more stall converted then my Silverado.

I like the ecoboost, but if you get 3.73 or numberically higher gearing, its not going to get the best mileage. Break it in, convert it to synthetic oil and diff fluid and see. Bigger exhaust always helps turbo engines to. You can't go to big.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't intentional but thanks for the warning!!!!

If you feel like you need to block me from your forum it won't devastate me brother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dslbrnr View Post
    Ok well thanks for quoting it so atleast a few will see it.

Moderator comment: Probably not. Intentionally circumventing posting rules is not a particularly good strategy if you would like your access to the forums to continue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    Nice truck!! The mileage towing is not too good though. Ford has some really impressive products lately. How about the Focus Hybrid that get 41 city? The money you save on gas helps makes the car payment. Same could be said about the Ecoboost truck. Drive 15000 miles a year 15 mpg vs 25 mpg will save you $1600 a year in gas at $4 gal. That is lot of money to give to the oil companies. Using that same math convinced my wife to buy a Hybrid that gets 37 city. Her old car was 19 MPG.
    I looked at your avatar, then yer comment about fords impressive products, and not one mention of the raptor or Shelby... Just the tree hugged stuff ?? Haha sorry that avatar had me stereo typing u

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend who just got an ecoboost and he works in agriculture (chemical and seed salesman) and he tows alot of very heavy trailers and he probably puts over 1000 miles of hard offroad work a week on his and the last time i looked at his average fuel mileage it was on less than 16mpg.... not really what i would hope out of it but just to compare he only averaged 12mpg with his chevy but he has a heavy foot and doesnt have to pay for the gas. The first thing he did when he got it was put 33" mud grips and a locker in the rear end and as he was leaving the dealership he spun it for a 360 in the middle of the road just to make sure the locker was working.

Fuel mileage has more to do with the weight of someones right foot than it does with the motor/truck. I have a dodge 2500 hemi 4x4 that i usually average 10mpg..... but if i take it to my beach house on a 400 mile trip i can average over 16mpg

My dad just ordered a ford raptor.... it should be in in the next few weeks and they say you measure it in smiles per gallon instead of miles per gallon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am waiting for FORD to put the ecoboost in the Raptor before I get one. I had a blue one on order in January, then after I saw the promo video for the ecoboost, I decided to cancel and wait and see if they will be putting it in the Raptor. My bro-in-law is trading his 2011 f150 on a new ecoboost f150. I am currently driving a F250 v10 and don't plan on downgrading to a f150 unless it is the Raptor (with the ecoboost). Fords are somewhat cobbled together anyway, so I don't think it would take much to get the ecoboost into the Raptor. Except, the electric power steering system that goes with the ecoboost is a weak link.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruster View Post
    I would suspect the truck is very MPG sensitive to speed. My 2010 F150 FX4 will get 19 @ 65 MPG but drops off like a rock at faster speed.
    I Have the 09 super crew f150 4x4 . loaded, leather. with 5.4 . 18 down south towing the virage. more weight i add the more it drops. 8.8 last trip loaded and running hard. would not mind test beating the v6 with a good load. faster i go the faster the M.P.G drops.
    1990 hydrostream virage diamondpower280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you worried about the price I'd say give them a shot. I bought a 2010 super crew lariat with 5.4 that sticker was 41k. Walked out the door after ttl at 33k.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast