Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bubble deck on Wriedt?

Has anyone ever seen a bubble deck on a Wriedt? My restoration 26" Wriedt Montara has a arched transom...how can I get an uphostered sheet of plywood to follow that arch...anyone tackled this? At some later date when I win the lotto I might build a fiberglass deck with intake scoop...but I want it original looking.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May_2010_010.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	229475

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1/4 inch or less piece of cake
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should come out to Lavon one weekend and look at the Mako my buddy has. It has a slight radius to the engine cover real close to what yours is. You can look at the construction of it and see how it is done. It's a little hard to tell in this pic but trust me it is arched.

http://www.lstwo.com/images/13710234683961901136.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do...but is that Sat or Sun or both? and do you guys still meet Wed nites?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do still get together on Wednesday but we have not started hitting the lake on Wednesday yet. NTJBC is having a crawfish boil next Saturday (May 7th). During the summer the bulk of us usually just go out on Sunday. I have Randy's number still. He lives right off Dalrock. He is the one with the Wriedt that is similar to yours. I am pretty sure his deck is arched as well. I can probably get you hooked up with him if you want to look at his a well. I have not seen him yet this year but I know he will eventually be coming to hang out with us at Lavon as well.

Here is a link to the info about the crawfish boil. There will be a good turn out for it. Just ignore all the drama in the thread. We had to reschedule it from this weekend because of weather and a few guys got their feathers ruffled over it.

http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/...?topic=12088.0

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the invite...I am planning on it...by the way where is the best ramp on either the east or south side??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the easiest one for you to use is the one at East Fork. Below is a link to a map I made of Lavon with pins in the key locations for the hot boat crowd. There is a pin in the East Fork ramp. I believe it will cost you $3 to use the ramp at East Fork. There are two ramps at east fork. I use the one in the cove. It is protected no matter which way the wind is blowing and has a larger no wake zone so it is easier to load and unload there. It is just a short shot west to Collin Park from the East Fork ramp on the water.

The other option is the Collin Park ramp. That is where most of us will be launching. It is where the boil will take place. It is further by road from you and costs a little more. $2 per vehicle + $2 per person so if you have a truck, boat and 2 people it will be $8. I'll shoot you a PM with my number just in case you lost it. Look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Lake Lavon
    Last edited by Last Mohican; 04-30-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswell View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a bubble deck on a Wriedt? My restoration 26" Wriedt Montara has a arched transom...how can I get an uphostered sheet of plywood to follow that arch...anyone tackled this? At some later date when I win the lotto I might build a fiberglass deck with intake scoop...but I want it original looking.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May_2010_010.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	229475
    Easiest way to get the arch would be to use TWO 1/4 plywood sheet. Get them a little damp so they're nice a flexible, spread a bunch of wood glue in between them, clamp them together in the shape of the arch you want. In two days take off the clamps and taa-daa... your arched plywood. Then take it to Brown out in Mesquite to get it covered. Option B is take it to Browns and have them do the whole thing for you, but if you like most of us you want to do it yourself.

Here's our club forum. http://ntjbc.myfreeforum.org/index.php
    1978 Glastron Carlson CVX 20
    Ford 460 big block
    Berkeley 12JE jet with a Place hydraulic diverter
    66.7 mph on GPS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just made my day....I should have thought of it....now I can do this and hinge the deck at the transom and it will not bind...I will even probably be able to reuse the upholstery I already have...thanks...and your right, I would rather do it myself....
    noticed you have the same setup...I have a 460 with JE pump...just purchased a used hydralic "diverter", not even sure it will pin to the Berkeley bowl w/o issues...the previous owner removed the gasket that keeps water flow out of the rear bearing and took the plugs out of the bowl so water squirts out of them...it seems that this is debatable: to keep it oil lubed or water lubed...if I fill it with oil, it is immediately a slick on top of water... I see wear on the shaft and think that perhaps that that modification was a bad idea...what is your opinion? oh yeah...what do you think is best? a two part mixed wood glue or high quality construction adhesive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know too much about how the bowls seal, but I just converted mine to split bowl so I have a JE one piece bowl here with the plugs in it full of oil. I'm just in the town next to you too in Rowlett. You can have it if you need it. You can take a look at how my diverter is hooked up too. I have a Place hydraulic.

For glue, anything water proof after it dries will work.
    1978 Glastron Carlson CVX 20
    Ford 460 big block
    Berkeley 12JE jet with a Place hydraulic diverter
    66.7 mph on GPS