Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GMC Supercharged and lowered tow rig

This is a 1997 GMC dually ext. cab. Lowered with flip rear kit and drop spindles. firestone air assist in rear. It is 74000 original miles and runs great and everthing works as it should. A/C blows ice cold, all power accessories work well. Lt interior has less than normal wear and no rips or tears. Mobil 1 synthetic (atleast since I've owned it). The paint seems to be all original and shines very nice with a few exceptions. The glass hood should be re-done and a few areas on the dually rear where the previous owner may have flex'd them and the paint looks to be cracked. ( 5 feet away it isn't noticeable but the metal parts of the truck are very nice and original so I would re do the flares.) Has a sir Michaels rear roll pan with a hide a hitch. (roll pan has a small dent in the corner where a few beers too many caused it one night and a few scrapes where I backed into the traier tounge.)

Whipple supercharger (professionally installed at approx. 30000 miles)
    6 2000 mile old BF Goodrich tires
    new slider rear glass
    2 year old flip hard cover
    cowl hood
    New front pads 5000 miles ago
    radar detector hidden in roof console(motorized compartment opens w/ switch)
    Rhino type liner

I bought this 29000 miles ago and it has serviced me very well. Previously I towed a 22 ft Apache and it was easy and towed effortless. Now I have an old twin BBC 9 Meter Mirage with a triple axle steel trailer and although towed well it was a bit tough pulling that pig up a slippery steep ramp. I've since aquired a 7.3 Turbo diesel to pull it with.

I do not want to sell the supercharger. I was offered $2000 for it alone but would really prefer to sell it together as it's all a nice useable package.

I will take $7500 for it and if for some reason you do want it with out the whipple, I found an original TBI set up that I wll install and sell the truck for $5500 and keep the whipple. If that works I will need a $2000 deposit to insure the transaction before I get involved with tearing it apart and buying injection set ups.

I really would like the cash but would consider "non Project" trades. I love old AMC's ie: AMX's, Javelins, s/c ramblers, rebel machines... Any non Mustang BB ford 64-67, 66-72 Chevelles, sidewinder jet boats

The truck is near Atlantic City and I wouldn't hesitate to drive this a 1000 miles tomorrow. If you feel reasonable about an offer feel free to call me 609-226-4485 Alex but otherwise have the courtesy not to forward me lowballs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GMC 3.jpg   GMC 2.jpg   GMC 5.jpg   GMC 6.jpg  
    Last edited by 86 apache 22; 03-07-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------

1984 29 Mirage offshore with 502's
    1984 Ferrari 308GTB w/me 4ever! made it through 1 marriage
    2001 F350 7.3 2wd crew cab dually
    1986 Apache 22' 2001 300x SOLD
    1970 AMC/AMX 360/4sp SOLD
    GMC 2500 7.4L whipple charged Dually SOLD