Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1977 baja 16' 115 mercury

I have stumbled on a 1977 baja 16 foot closed bow with an in line 115 that supposedly runs fine and floats (includes trailer). Needs interior (carpet and seats) and appears clear coat on top is almost gone. I have a close friend in the interior bussiness and I do paint. Curious as to what boat is worth as is and approximate value after some tlc. Also, does anyone know of any particular things to look for on these boats? Thank you all in advance and I look forward to your responses.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to get it. Paid $600 but needs new interior and clear coat work. I just don't wanna put more into it than its worth. Any ideas?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome

Look in upper right corner for the search bar put in the info you want to know about. :thumbsup
    Also may want to join or check out a Baha owners site.
    Good luck with it, I'm almost in the "same boat" just got a 1977 15' 4" Checkmate, 1987 140 Evinrude, no interior

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a good price, if the motor runs, you got a free boat. before you get to work on it, chect the transom, floor and core for rot.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good deal to me.
    Flabum is on the money, enjoy it!
    Formula 260ss 496HO

Bender Clan Member

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear it and thanks for the vote of confidence. I have tuned the motor and changed the gear fluid. Interior is removed and now I'm pulling my hair out choosing how I want it done. There will be more questions to follow. Thanks a lot for the response guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can send you pictures of the '84 model one I had redone.... will post some tonight when I get home.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great. Any ideas would be helpful. I want to do a few custom things, then on the other hand. Id like to keep it close to original with a little custom touch (cup holders, radio and who knows what else).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Dash. I wanted to keep it as uncluttered as possible, so one tach and a multi-gauge from Livorsi...... Had a signal style trim switch at the steering wheel, a GPS mount, switch panel and stereo remote pad. The stereo was way under the dash to keep it dry. I opted to leave the windsheild off. The back seat I designed so the top would fold down behind it, The top was also fatened inside the gunwalls so it would not stick above deck when folded down. Had a custom made 33 gallon fuel tank in the back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0697.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	229293

Name:	IMG_0709.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	229292

Name:	IMG_0698.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	229291

Name:	seats.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	229290

Name:	IMG_2158.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	229289

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do a Comp check on the motor first! Hard to get at the bottom without a fitting, or drop the lower pan. But at least do the top 5. Ya get 125/135 in them, ya got a winner. One at 90, ya got a prob.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flabum: that is a beautiful rig. I do have a few questions though. After removing my winshield, it seems like the bow and dash are very flimsy. Is this common or am I missing something? My wife has named my yacht "pretty $h!tty" for the obvious reason it is brown with metal flake and its in horrible shape. Lol. But its a work in prpgress.
    Robbye321: She is at 132-136 all the way. Thank you for the suggestion. Any chance if you are knowledgeable in the tower of power. What prop should I be running. Thank you all so much for the suggestions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flabum: that is a beautiful rig. I do have a few questions though. After removing my winshield, it seems like the bow and dash are very flimsy. Is this common or am I missing something? My wife has named my yacht "pretty $h!tty" for the obvious reason it is brown with metal flake and its in horrible shape. Lol. But its a work in prpgress.
    Robbye321: She is at 132-136 all the way. Thank you for the suggestion. Any chance if you are knowledgeable in the tower of power. What prop should I be running. Thank you all so much for the suggestions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year motor is it?
    If you aren't sure post the serial number.
    '72 Glastron GT-150 Johnson Stinger 65
    '83 Hydrostream Varmint 2.4 225 Mercury
    '05 Hydrostream Voyager 250xs optimax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, ya got a damn good deal then! What year the Merc? Suggest ya take a good look at all the wiring the motor, (and pop the control box apart, look at the switch wiring, as I've seen some REAL disintegrated wire shielding). ALSO.. AND MEAN IT! Make SURE, the timing is at 21 degrees, NOT 23. AND RUN MID GRADE gas too...(stuff now sucks). Seen too many (me too, my old XS, a 'Hole in one", and I aint talking GOLF..PISTON! Prop it for a good, 5500rpm, that ride, (let me run that by my Merc guru here, more later what the best prop) I run on my (Avatar) Flatty a 12x24 cup SS 2B. But its not a surface prop..(close, but set just right for the boat), only 350 pounds, me 200, motor 320), and mine is a 72 115, orig, stripped to the crank, and brought back to 135, which the 115's then, were choked down 135's anyway. Did bigger reeds, exhaust tuner, XS carb specs, lotta "mods". On the prop, well, we need to know what the rear set up is first, and a pic is priceless here. Shortshaft? PT+T? Take a pic the azz end, get low, bottom hull level. Need more info. On the prop, whatever SS ya get, (and need..screw ALUM!)..if ya run a 3B SS Chopper, you will need to cut a notch out the torque tab for blade clearence. About all I can think the moment, but if ya need ANYTHING, IL6 related, my Merc Guru here ..simple has it. Ask here, many wizards, or PM me with any questions, I'll forward on to him, take it from there. But take some pix the boat/motor, more the better..and the old Baha's were great boats!
    Last edited by Robby321; 03-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same rig Great little boat! You'll love it.

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,coated in bubble gum,stuffed in a turducken. Δx Δp ≥ ℏ/2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast