Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hot boat weekend?? Hardy party?

Ok, so trying to get my boat fix in the middle of winter. I ran into this "hardy party" Hot boat weekend? Whats this all about? It looks pretty damn cool, and a good time. This isnt one of these "dont ask" "dont tell" weekends is it and Ive ruined it for everyone? Where is it even located at? And when?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the middle of winter. Not everyone visits the forum every day.

This takes place at Hardy Pond, on the Muskegon River. Most of the photos were shot 1/4 mile downriver of the US-131 bridge.

You didn't ruin anything unless you bring your buddies upriver with their big deep vees. Up at the sandbar is the only place the "real" hot boats can get a good run, and every hot boat weekend the gold chain wearing guys feel the need to run all the way to the bridge before they turn around. They do it all day long, seemingly just to annoy the rest of us. When they finally finish swinging their lower units around and go back downriver drunk, we have the sandbar all to ourselves. Then the fun begins. This is a great place to race (sober of course) without raising hell.

The "spring break" crowd that populates the cove downriver-- That's not the "hot boat party" that made this weekend and location a household name. The cove is a dirty place like Las Vegas. Drinking, fighting, big egos, people walking across your boat, and topless ugly white trash drunk chicks, of course.

Check out my YouTube video channel for more details.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey hey hey now..I have one of those big deep v boats now..but Im not a ass that would run up and down all day long, I still run with all my outboard guys, and owning them myself I know what its like..I just had to step up boat size, cause lake of the ozarks isnt a 21 foot checkmates friend at all..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcheckmate View Post
    hey hey hey now..I have one of those big deep v boats now..but Im not a ass that would run up and down all day long, I still run with all my outboard guys, and owning them myself I know what its like..I just had to step up boat size, cause lake of the ozarks isnt a 21 foot checkmates friend at all..
    I have a cottage up there & boat/party every weekend . Avoid the idiot crowd on "Hot Boat weekend" and come up in June or July. You'll love it, 2 REALLY NICE lakes & a bunch of bars. Plenty of stuff to do. If you decide to make the trip, call me. Scott 517 749 2023
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gilmore View Post
    I have a cottage up there & boat/party every weekend . Avoid the idiot crowd on "Hot Boat weekend" and come up in June or July. You'll love it, 2 REALLY NICE lakes & a bunch of bars. Plenty of stuff to do. If you decide to make the trip, call me. Scott 517 749 2023
    Scott, thanks for the open invite, sounds very tempting.........

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......