Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up New Kid on the Dock

Hey fellas

I spent a bit of time reading this and that and thought perhaps that there might be a veteran that could answer a few questions on an Allison XB2002 with an OE red/yellow 2.4L EFI Mercury.

Powerplant overhaul in 2007 and added racing heads and fuel pump. Less than 10 hours on it since overhaul. New Continental Trailer in 2008. Onboard charger in 2009. Just about everything else: trolling motor, bilge, trim motor, seats, carpet, decals, compartment locks, gauges, depth finder, fish finder and assorted misc is OE. It's stinking fast to put it mildly.

My father bought it new in 1992 and of course bought a truck to pull it, with the same decals on it as the boat. He was big on bass fishing and was a chapters' president for many years and so, of course had to have the fastest boat.

I remember riding in it 20 years ago and to this day, even present-day Corvettes don't have the same g-force launch as this thing does.

I realize that while, in it's day, it was the authority in fast bass boats, it's now quite dated and probably won't be worth the $14K other websites are attempting to sell them for.

At the present time it is covered/stored as it has been for about 3 years, so I don't have any pics of it as of yet, but will endeavor to post some soon.

The fuel is 3 years old, use it or replace it?
    Any pre-run checks to do? Doesn't seem as if I can use earmuffs on it to idle it out of the water since I can find no water-cooling inlets.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1ST of all, Welcome To Scream and Fly! What your boat is worth...since it's a Allison...depends on the condition of the boat, which 2.4 it is, compression numbers, which gear case,etc., and the condition of the trailer. Now, troling motors/rods/reels/tackle...etc. really you would be better off selling on e-bay or craigslist or possably one of the trader magazines. Where as the XB2002 is a very good boat for both sport and a little fishing, the weekend tournoment guys that could use the tackle arn't usually interested in the XB2002's. But, in all if the boat, motor and trailer are all nice, the $14,000.00 isn't that far off! Maybe $1500/2000?? Depending on condition of everything. You should keep it, there are plenty of us down here that run on a regular basis, and like you said, the boats are a blast. Good luck on what ever you decide to do. Hope that helps! Mike T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Ok, First off - DONT RUN IT!!!!!!! That's for damn sure! Pump ALL that old fuel out and have the fuel system checked / cleaned out THOROUGHLY. New water pump kit and gear oil in the lower unit and you should be straight. If you are not savvy on these motors there are plenty of people on here that can point you where to take it to have it checked out. Check the transom for moisture while your at it..... It's probably fine but it DOES have wood in it and can hamper the value of the hull considerably. You should easily be able to get all this done for around $750 including parts... but it is a boat so it can always be more or less. Don't let it deter you, it is a great boat and it will be money well spent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
    Welcome! Ok, First off - DONT RUN IT!!!!!!! That's for damn sure! Pump ALL that old fuel out and have the fuel system checked / cleaned out THOROUGHLY. New water pump kit and gear oil in the lower unit and you should be straight. If you are not savvy on these motors there are plenty of people on here that can point you where to take it to have it checked out. Check the transom for moisture while your at it..... It's probably fine but it DOES have wood in it and can hamper the value of the hull considerably. You should easily be able to get all this done for around $750 including parts... but it is a boat so it can always be more or less. Don't let it deter you, it is a great boat and it will be money well spent.
    Good advise except for the wood transome part...The 92' XB2002 will have the "H-Beam" transome in it. There isn't any wood in the transome. Think the "H-Beam" transome started in 88'.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hey yourself. LOL at your title... good job!

You probably need to split some of it up. Fishing stuff on a fishing site , etc.

The Allison, take it to a competent shop and have them get it running. Maybe some one in FL could direct you. I DO know that Allisons hold their value as well or better than any boat its size. Don't let anyone low ball you.

BTW Allison doesn't make that boat anymore from what I hear (unless you have BIG $$$), so keep that in mind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    1ST of all, Welcome To Scream and Fly! What your boat is worth...since it's a Allison...depends on the condition of the boat, which 2.4 it is, compression numbers, which gear case,etc., and the condition of the trailer. Now, troling motors/rods/reels/tackle...etc. really you would be better off selling on e-bay or craigslist or possably one of the trader magazines. Where as the XB2002 is a very good boat for both sport and a little fishing, the weekend tournoment guys that could use the tackle arn't usually interested in the XB2002's. But, in all if the boat, motor and trailer are all nice, the $14,000.00 isn't that far off! Maybe $1500/2000?? Depending on condition of everything. You should keep it, there are plenty of us down here that run on a regular basis, and like you said, the boats are a blast. Good luck on what ever you decide to do. Hope that helps! Mike T.
    Let me say first, thanks for the warm welcome and your time to answer my questions
    I think I will take Corona Mike's advice and spend a little on it to make sure it's "race-ready".
    My father always took it to Meisner Marine in Tampa, so they should have all of its service records. As far as compression numbers I have no clue on that. The trailer is aluminum and galvanized steel and has never gotten wet. The boat itself has zero damage, no nicks or scratches aside from some bits of missing pinstriping. Every compartment opens and locks. The carpet is quite matted and the body hasnt seen wax in at least 10 years.
    My father took it out and put it away wet, he never was a clean-freak, I washed/waxed it once for his 60th birthday and that's probably the last time it looked "new".
    Time to give his puppy some love, I'll get some pics up this evening so you'll have a better angle to dissect it with.
    There's a plate on the back I'll get a pic of that too. Thanks again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Adam..."ClockWork" said, Make sure and do a couple of very simple things 1st. Get rid of the old gas and replace the fuel filters! Replace the water pump. If it's a fuel injected motor, have the injectors cleaned and flowed. As far as the carpet...A BRAND NEW Carpet kit from Allison is $295.00 it comes pre cut to fit and simple to install...I did mine and if I can do it, it's simple! P.M. me if you want the name of a local mechanic here in the Tampa area that works out of his house and is very good and reasonable! Then meet up with some of us and I'll/we'll be happy to help you any way possable. Mike T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wrote a paragraph about new developments but somehow my login expired and it erased the entire page, BBL with pics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a trick for you. If you need to "compose" a short story, do it in notepad, then copy the whole thing, open a thread, and paste it in.
    hope it helps
    John
    To fish or not to fish? What a STUPID question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a trick for you. If you need to "compose" a short story, do it in notepad, then copy the whole thing, open a thread, and paste it in.
    hope it helps
    John
    To fish or not to fish? What a STUPID question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had a shaker, but it turns out I got a faker. The 2.4L Bridge-port powerhead was replaced with a 2.0L about 4 years ago during a fishing tourney in Alabama. Buh bye 85 ponies. Evidently after a few fifths my dad forgot to add oil and POW! I just bought a new camera so pics will be up soon, after I get my neice to show me how it works

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well teez,welcome to s&f and there is alot of help here getting it goin.hope its not too bad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening new thread with pics, will come back to this thread and post a link to the next topic.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...n-service-list
    Last edited by TeezXB; 03-25-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added link to new thread