Hey fellas

I spent a bit of time reading this and that and thought perhaps that there might be a veteran that could answer a few questions on an Allison XB2002 with an OE red/yellow 2.4L EFI Mercury.

Powerplant overhaul in 2007 and added racing heads and fuel pump. Less than 10 hours on it since overhaul. New Continental Trailer in 2008. Onboard charger in 2009. Just about everything else: trolling motor, bilge, trim motor, seats, carpet, decals, compartment locks, gauges, depth finder, fish finder and assorted misc is OE. It's stinking fast to put it mildly.

My father bought it new in 1992 and of course bought a truck to pull it, with the same decals on it as the boat. He was big on bass fishing and was a chapters' president for many years and so, of course had to have the fastest boat.

I remember riding in it 20 years ago and to this day, even present-day Corvettes don't have the same g-force launch as this thing does.

I realize that while, in it's day, it was the authority in fast bass boats, it's now quite dated and probably won't be worth the $14K other websites are attempting to sell them for.

At the present time it is covered/stored as it has been for about 3 years, so I don't have any pics of it as of yet, but will endeavor to post some soon.

The fuel is 3 years old, use it or replace it?
Any pre-run checks to do? Doesn't seem as if I can use earmuffs on it to idle it out of the water since I can find no water-cooling inlets.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and any help/advice is appreciated.