Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Xsquid, i would hope i was getting the same treatment. Bill sounded genuine everytime i spoke with him. Had i lived closer to him i probably wouldnt have thought much of it but im 8 hours away and would have a tough time holding him accountable if the deal wasnt what was represented. I did tell him the reason why i was backing out too and he seemed like it wasnt the first time that has happened. I just dont have that kind of money to put out there with my fingers crossed, hoping everything will go well. In a way i feel bad for the man as if the past will always haunt him this way. Situations like this are hard to recover from when no one will allow opportunity to redeem yourself. Im glad your experience has been good. Maybe one day ill reach back out to him with something less expensive to at least spread some work to him while also giving him more opportunity to fix a bad reputation. i just couldnt do it with this one.
    "The character of a man can be easily judged by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalltownbassin View Post
    In a way i feel bad for the man as if the past will always haunt him this way.
    The past will always be part of your existence. That's why you always do your best and always be up front and honest. Personally I have never seen a leopard change his spots.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then you're in his circle - I had friends that had dealt with him, and for the most part, no issues, sad that my motor blew up after about 4 hours of run time - stock 225 Promax, nothing exotic - running in deep water, over heated and he would not stand behind it, sad part is when I went to pick it up it was running hot he changed the poppit 2 or 3 times, said " it should be ok" but it wasn't.

I see you go by Xsquid - assuming you were Navy?! I was as well, stationed in Coronado Ca, NAVSPECWAR SEAL/ SWCC where were you at?
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

4. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clear up my last statement about "feeling bad for him". I have more empathy for the one's that were screwed over. I just understand what its like to recover from bad decisions in the past but the key is to stop the behavior. If a man is still practicing the same old tricks, recovery is not an option.
    "The character of a man can be easily judged by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsquid View Post
    Not sure if many of you have dealt with Bill but I have many times. Fair deal every time. I’ve had zero issues dealing with him.
    It is easy to be fair when everything works out, but the true test is when something goes wrong and has to be made right. Then you are the next guy that is unhappy, the very next time you deal with him.

Why risk it?
    08 Checkmate 2100br 250xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalltownbassin View Post
    Yeah Xsquid, i would hope i was getting the same treatment. Bill sounded genuine everytime i spoke with him. Had i lived closer to him i probably wouldnt have thought much of it but im 8 hours away and would have a tough time holding him accountable if the deal wasnt what was represented. I did tell him the reason why i was backing out too and he seemed like it wasnt the first time that has happened. I just dont have that kind of money to put out there with my fingers crossed, hoping everything will go well.
    8 hours away

Don’t want to get ripped off

Running away as quickly as you can from Bill Gohr is the only thing to do
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

8. Likes specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)